• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I watch them break, divide, the rich and deprived; Elliana
    I knew her for a little ghost
    That in my garden walked;
    The wall is high—higher than most—
    And the green gate was locked.

She knows better, the shadow-girl with blue skies in her eyes and moonshine hair, knows better than to want to lead a kingdom. She had watched it destroy her mother, watched it drive her brother into the ocean, and finally watched as that same determination, that same obsession took what Elena had been desperately clinging to, that first born daughter, the only reminder of a love she had that was bright enough to banish shadows. Even if it was a love that was too bright to not burn out as quickly as it had ignited. It her Elliana from her faltering grasp, crushing her heart, her mind, and leaving her almost alone, without her children. Elliana remembers her stories of caution, and how there lie in wait ancient, dark monster that are just waiting to swallow you hole. It was only later in life that Elliana realized it was not monsters at all, but loneliness.

Elli does not think about Elena much anymore, because to think of her is to admit that she had done a terrible wrong by leaving, and that she had been only trying to save herself from her mother’s back-breaking sadness. This grief is her own and so is guilt. It’s not something that can be shared.

It is a shame though, she could have been a great ruler. Elliana is steadfast like Benjamin, she is easy-going like Azrael, she is wild like Elena, she is graceful like Beylani.

She is ruthless like Tenebrae.

It would be simple to ignore the voice calling out to her, a simple mistake, for voices so often sound like the wind to a girl who was born from those who once wielded it. But, Elliana, at her core, is sacrificial, but she is also selfish, and she craves this comfort because she never outwardly asked for it, only begged herself for that freedom.

She is not entirely kind to herself.

Elliana finds him in the river as she emerges between two trees (like an alter, like the one her mother and Azrael stood upon during their wedding, the wedding Elli missed). Elliana smiles placidly at the stranger. There is a curtain of concern that clouds her face (not like storms, but like shadows) as she looks to the stranger with blue eyes. There is some sort of emotion behind the stranger’s eyes and Elliana cannot help the thrilling shiver that travels down the length of her spine. She thinks, it would be good, to have that, whatever that emotion is that lurks. 

“I am no princess.” She lies, which is so unlike her.

And why? Because you are so bold, Elli?
    No, because her mother is the one who cannot speaks truths, not her daughter.

“I’m Elliana,” she greets with a voice like a clarinet, somber and low. She is sturdy, and she is cheerful, but there is an entity about Elliana that makes her appear forever lonely, forever depressed. Eyes like sky blue fall to the water surrounding him, the crimson gathering and then flowing, like Adonai’s billowing cape she once admired. “You’re bleeding, did you know that?”

"Speaking."
    |

@[Reave]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I watch them break, divide, the rich and deprived; Elliana - by Elliana - 05-27-2021, 09:28 PM