• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

"What if" is a symptom of my depression // [Any, Chaos Week]
    Turn back the clock. Back before I met him. And them. And all the gradual horrors overtook me, body and soul. That catalyst that set my feet on the path they're on, where I have no soul, and my heart is splintered beyond repair. Take me back to when the sky was new, and full of hope and I still believed in good and love and kindness. Take me back. 

Now set the clock forward again. To where and when we are now, as if things had gone in a different direction. A better one, some would argue. If I'd known better, I think I would. To a day where the sun still shines on my back, and the clouds are wisps, mare's tails that fade into the distance. A sky that makes you take a breath and believe that anything is possible. 

Even this. Even me. 

Sabra. One where the years have been kind, and my chest is unmarked. My skin is pale, (as it began, do you remember?) cream and milk puddled together. My eyes are bright and warm and clear as the sunlight. It's a good day. A quiet day. The spring breeze tugs at my wings and as simple as they are, I smile. This could be a day for flying, simply because I can. 

I wander today because it feels right. The grass is waving and tall, not yet parched with the summer's heat. Lush and cool as I roll over onto it, through it, releasing the scent that fills the air. Rise again, stained a patchy, verdant green. "Hello!" I call out to you as I see you passing by. "Beautiful weather we're having, isn't it?" 

It's easy to be happy on a day like today.