• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  innocence died screaming, honey ask me I should know, agetta

Her youngest child now grown, Agetta finds herself wandering. Exploring Beqanna with an interest she had not been feeling in some time. Some of the lands she sees are familiar - Pangea where Anaxarete had taken her, where she had raised Beyza and Caledonia for a time. The memories are hazy and warm and mostly unremarkable. Though she is no longer as much of a ghost as she had been during her lost years, though she has formed some roots, Agetta has not seemed to find anything to anchor her here in this time beyond the foals she’s raised by herself.

Today she finds her way to Hyaline, remembering the paths that Mazikeen had told her when they had crossed paths in the winter. Agetta travels as a snow leopard, enjoying the mountainous terrain and marvelling at the beauty of this place. Why hadn’t she settled here? It calls to something in her heart. So different than the rolling hills of the Gates but this favourite shape of hers feels at home as she navigates her way in.

Once she’s free of the rocky paths, she shifts back into her equine form - thinking that if she stays as a snow leopard for too long she might enjoy it to the point where she just never changes back.

Her dark blue eyes are taking in the general splendour when she sees someone approach, and her expression brightens into an easy smile. Ryatah. It is so good to see a face she knows, to be greeted by someone and know exactly who they are - even if she does not remember some of their mutual acquaintances. Her smile falters a little at her friend’s greeting, though. “Have I been here before?” She glances to the scenery again, trying to find anything familiar - but all of it seems new to her. “It’s so beautiful, you’d think I would’ve remembered. But I seem to be a little more forgetful lately. Old age, I guess.” She says this with a small laugh, though when she thinks of the dappled friend who she had forgotten she frowns for a moment before returning to the present. “I was looking for Maze, yes. She’s pregnant, you know. Thought I should check-in, she seemed a little freaked out about it when we spoke last.” First time jitters, Agetta thought, and though she might not be the best mother she could at least offer some support.

Her expression warms a little more again as she refocuses on Ryatah, thinking that finding that wild daughter could wait a little longer. “But I am glad to see you! How’ve you been? Have you been living here long?”

Agetta

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: innocence died screaming, honey ask me I should know, agetta - by Agetta - 05-23-2021, 11:55 AM