• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I feel so alive for the very first time [Radar Pony/Any]
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    Even when he had been just a plain mortal child, a weak thing that was quick to burn, he had been fascinated by fire. He saw the flickers of it dance along his sire’s skin, had seen his mother lean into his scorching flesh as if it did not hurt at all. “Cleansing.” That’s what she had called it with a faint smile, when he had asked if it hurt her. He knew that Offspring had once annihilated parts of Sylva’s forest to the ground with that fire, for his mother and for him. A large silvery scar remained on Tantalize’s body, a reminder of when her flesh had been peeled for the mere enjoyment of feeling her pain. Deep within her womb he had felt that fear, that despair, that anger and pain. That relief when fire exploded around them as Offspring’s rage saved them both.

He had wanted to wield that flame too. The one that had been passed from Overseer to Heir. Yet somehow he had been found unworthy. The last child of both Offspring and Tantalize, the supposed love child, the one that they had both claimed to try harder for, to not make the same mistakes they had made with the others. A child that was plain, mortal, and the spitting image of his glowing red eyed sire except for the lack of flames. It had been easy to become infected with jealousy, to see the pride in his sire’s eyes when speaking of Levi. The favored Prince of Flames. Then Offspring had seemed to fade away and his mother faded with him. And that envy and jealousy turned into something else, something meaner. Something callous.

So he became a different Prince. A cruel one that used sharp words instead of a crackling whip of fire.

His tail lashes against his black flank like an angry cat, tentatively moving his tongue in his mouth and licking his healed lips as the golden power fades from him. She is pouting and his anger is rising, bile in the back of his throat. She scoffs at him, stubborn and obstinate. Important. Yes, it was important. Because if she was Offspring’s child, if there had been another… The flicker of heat that writhes deep in his belly is suddenly alight, an inferno of emotion that dances in the red depths of his eyes. Something responds to that, something that hisses and coils and starts to rise to the surface of his skin. He would find a way to burn this whole fucking meadow to the ground if Offspring still lived. And then he would find his sire and rip him apart for having the audacity to create another when he had failed him so spectacularly.

He is barely breathing when she speaks of his eyes. Tantalize had told him that red eyes had ran in her side of the family as well. Her grandfather, father, and some of her siblings had carried those crimson eyes. She had always found it amusing that she had eventually fallen for a red-eyed man herself. A viper is trying to force itself through his skin and his eyes have become snake-like, slitted and angry. He doesn’t notice the forked tongue that seems to replace his normal one although he feels like he can taste her and a million other things in the air. He is ignorant to how parts of his fur suddenly melt into something smooth, something scaled. His mind is a black rage, storming and chaotic, and it’s the only thing he can focus on. If she says his name… If she says who he thinks she is….

”Levi.”

The name seems to repeat itself like a mantra in his long pointed ears. Whatever twists within him seems to calm and he slowly exhales a slow breath. There is no forked tongue now, there are no scales. Levi’s daughter. This was Levi’s daughter. He should be embarrassed but he can’t find it in himself to feel anything but relief. That at least she was not one of his. Finally, as the edges of his temper seem to dampen and the scarlet gaze returns to something more equine, he responds to her gruffly. As if he doesn’t care. “Levi is my brother. Half-brother.” He amends, considering her with uncertainty that he hides behind the smugness of his smile. It had been years since he had run into anyone that was considered family, family by blood at least. If he was still that young lonely colt he might have been overjoyed to find her, a long lost niece. But that lonely boy had spent painful years hardening himself into something harder to hurt. So all she gets is his indifference, any easier thing to double down on now that he is Fae, as he looks down his nose at her with cool disdain. "I wondered where your father had been after all this time. Busy, I see." 

obscene

@[Sunlight]
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I feel so alive for the very first time [Radar Pony/Any] - by Obscene - 06-13-2021, 01:46 PM