• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  tell me what you saw

They jibe at each other, a banter casually exchanging between the two as if they’ve maybe known one another longer than just a few seconds. It’s a familial interaction, one he quite likes, like two broken pieces of rock settling to fit perfectly together. Smooth and satisfying. Clearly, though, she’s uninterested in anything he’s got to offer. Rejection stopped being a wounding feeling long ago, but a part of him does cringe to think he’s just gone out of his way to deliver Mazikeen such a gift.

His nearest ear quirks at her remark, he grins greedily, “Oh, yes, I am in love with all women, to a degree.” He smirks. It’s true. He doesn’t add more to it, just rolling forward to begin their journey northward. “I am no gentlemen, but I’ll come along, show you the way.” He turns back, looking over his shoulder as he stops briefly, “It’s on my way home anyway.

First, he will head slightly west, still moving north. His pace is steady and careful, and he stops when necessary, for napping or munching. If she wants to talk, he will, he won’t bring up anything too technical, but at some point he does make sure to introduce himself and asks her name in return. he tells her where Silver Cove is and that she’s always welcome. These conversations are quiet, without any real charm, he stays focused on travel.

Once they hit Pangea’s red rock and towering canyons, he tells her they’re not far, and shows her a convenient way to stay close to the riverside and avoid running into the residents of Pangea if you so wish. He also notes he’s never had any issue if he does run into anyone. “If you stick to this road, the one hugging the edge of the river, it brings you right to Hyaline.” He picks up his pace until he’s galloping now, the terrain is beaten down by hoof travel, flat and perfect to open up on. If she doesn’t join him, he’ll happy run ahead and through Hyaline without her, but he does hope she joins him for a good run. With a fast pace they will reach Hyaline’s lakeshore in about twenty minutes, and by then he’ll be sweating and huffing; eager to indulge in a good long drink of those crystal waters when he arrives.

CHEMDOG
    to the window, to the wall

so because chem and gale are currently battling it out, for timelines sake i'm going to assume this is BEFORE they fight...?
    but still i'm going to have chem just basically drop bardot off and take off before mazikeen/anyone comes to greet him
    he will be back for a visit after, no doubt XD

@[Bardot] 
    Bardot
    I know what sin is

Traveling with Chemdog had been a good choice in the end because he gives her a crash course in the new lay of the land. And how things have changed. Once they leave the familiarity of the common lands, everything changes. The Mountain looms overhead, its summit hidden within a blanket of cotton white clouds, a landmark that helps you gather your sense of direction. Names like Pangea and Hyaline feel strange when they dance across her tongue but she merely accept it, all of it, as she trots by his side and takes in the red rocks and tall cliffs with a calm scrutiny.

Chemdog himself proves to be a rather quiet companion but she doesn’t mind as there is much to take in. Besides the exchange of names and whatever information he feeds her that he thinks is important, they travel mostly in silence.

They reach a river and he picks up his pace as he informs her that the easiest and most convenient method of reaching Hyaline lies on this stretch of road. Her body begins to loosen as she breaks into a gallop to keep up with him. It had been a long time since she had simply enjoyed the feel of a good run and she enjoys the burning sensation in her muscles as they begin to warm up, as her limbs stretch and her hooves began to eat up the flattened earth beneath them. They fly, the two of them, long ribbons of raven hair whipping behind her elegant neck as his heavy hooves send up dust behind them.

With a roguish grin, she catches a glimpse of him out of the corner of a golden eye and starts to increase her pace and a sharp whinny escapes her lips, a challenge in her voice as she starts to take the lead. “Come on old man, we don’t have all day.” She calls with a laugh, knowing that by the time they arrived her lungs would burn and every inch of her would be sore but for now… For now it just feels good to run.

They may call me a sinner, but I am at peace with myself;
    html © dante.

@[Chemdog] Works for me <3

Horses must run – they just must. To let your legs carry you full throttle, as a horse, is the best of ecstasy. The euphoria that takes over during and even after, it is something unique to the equid beasts. And even with such a magic evolution such as here in Beqanna, such a primal need cannot be robbed from them.

Sweat beads across his dark coat, and his heart works hard; his lungs and legs working in perfect unison. She glides passed him with greater speed and it brings a grin to his dark lips. He calls out, an echoing whinny screaming across the hills. He kicks out, leaping and picking up his own pace, travelling hard and fast just at her flank. She’s fast and he doesn’t push himself to try and pass her, enjoying the feeling of the wind rushing over his body, the sound of their feet beating the ground in unison – it felt great. He laughs aloud, snapping a pretend bite toward her hip, purposely coming no where close to actually touching her but making a loud clack sound. “Ha!” he kicks out again, laughing, “Old man!

When they arrive he is heaving, a smile, flared nostrils and a gleam only a good sweat can bring to a black coat. He snorts to clear his nose, flicking his head before rearing just a little before moving to the lake’s shore and taking a drink. With water spilling down his chin, he stands ankle deep and looks over to her, still catching his breath. “This is Hyaline.” he looks briefly around. He describes Mazikeen briefly, noting her oddly curled horns and unique coat. “You can’t miss her.” He concludes, dipping down to drink again.

CHEMDOG

@[Bardot] ♥
    Bardot
    I know what sin is

It’s easy to get lost in the thrill of the chase, her limbs loosening as they stretch and eat up the ground beneath them. His hooves are thunderous behind her but she is lanky and swift and easily dodges away from his teasing snap, a grin of delight wide and beaming as she runs hard and her silvery laugh dances behind her at his guffaw. One couldn’t run like this in the jungle, too many vines and ferns and undergrowth to become tangled and ensnared in. The one downside to having been an Amazonian but an easy thing to make up for elsewhere like the common grounds.

She starts to slow sooner than he, unused to running for such a long time and distance. One could say she was made for sprinting rather than endurance. He makes his way to the lake and she follows, her lungs burning as she gasps for breath. The cool spring air fills her and she drinks it in greedily before passing him and splashing into the lake. The mud sucks at her hooves but she continues until the water is lapping at her belly before arching her elegant neck and dipping  her muzzle to the cold water, drinking deeply before meeting his gaze. He speaks of Mazikeen as she glances away from him and inspects the land around them. “You aren’t staying?” She questions, picking up a sense from his words that she might be on her own in a strange land and not sure how she felt about it. Chemdog, for all his male tendencies, had become a familiar presence in their days of travel and the thought of facing Hyaline’s leader alone seemed suddenly daunting.

html © dante.

@[Chemdog]
    [Image: BQjeje-Bardot2.png]
    i was alone, falling free, trying my best not to forget.
    He has watched so many die and found himself too weak, too slow to save them. Spirit has watched countless little souls slip between his fingers and now he is alone in Hyaline. Not truly alone, of course, but he is apart from the ones he cares most for. Now he moves as a mist across the lake and over the grasses. No one speaks to him and he speaks to no one. This is how he prefers it, for the most part. But some unseen ear swivels as a swirl in the fog when the two strangers make their way into his home.

Slowly, the mist circles the pair before gathering next to them.
    He draws in a breath and he is whole once more.

Welcome to Hyaline. I am Spirit,” he says with a short nod before looking them over with bright green eyes. The woman is already splashing into the lake but he seems unbothered by the antics. He turns his head to search the skies and waters for Mazikeen before returning to the duo. “I assume you’re both just passing through? Unless, of course, you’re shifters looking for a pack.

There is a tinge of hopefulness to his voice but he keeps it mostly contained, tucked away in his ribs. A faint smile builds across his lips as he shifts his weight.
    @[Chemdog]

The mist brings with a drop in temperature, it interrupts them so suddenly that he’s unable to swallow and answer her before a stallion materializes. Chemdog, annoyed, corrects his posture to bring his head up, looking at the stallion and then to Bardot. He reaches out boldly to press his wet muzzle against her hot shoulder, he breathes against her and pulls away. “No, but I’m just north, visit anytime.” the words are low and under his breath and he recoils back into his own space, his eyes fixating back onto the stallion. He doesn’t scowl, or really emit his unwarranted irritation, but he doesn’t exactly smile either. Greeting the man with a delayed nod, “I’m north of here; I’m passing through, she’s here for her own reasons..” he exhales, squinting slightly, and then turning to the buckskin. “If they’ll not have you because you’re no shifter,” he chuffs a sarcastic laugh, “You can always go north. It’s not a place of requirements and structure.” his eyes move back to Spirit.

maybe he ought to stay with her? he is inclined to, for a split second

Pleasure to meet you Spirit – I’m Chemdog, I’ve taken over the Cove; give Gale and Mazikeen my best, I’ll be back, if humbly may,” he inhales, tipping his white ears back, “for a formal visit.” He made the decision to leave her, or at least make it look like so. She didn’t want to come with him originally to Silver Cove when he asked her, she thought it distasteful, a barefoot and pregnant look – rude – and so, she suits herself now. He grinds his jaw, a polite smile to Spirit and another swipe of his whiskered muzzle across Bardot’s buttery color fur (a quiet goodbye) and he walks away.

He walks toward Silver Cove where the land ascends slowly and not by much, but enough to find a quiet copse of trees. His snake slithers down his leg and to the ground as he walks, not turning back to look. Slowly as the land changes, he gets smaller, and then morphs seamlessly into fox made of earth and roots and moss, sprinkled with tiny ferns and moss. He’s the size of regular fox, moving sly and silent into the trees where he finds a tall stone to perch on and watch.

When he sees she’s fine, or accepted, he’ll skitter off. Back home, back onto the soil that feels right and welcoming beneath his feet.

CHEMDOG

his shifted form: something like dis
    @[spirit] & @[Bardot] ♥
    Bardot
    I know what sin is

Before Chem can answer her a mist suddenly forms around them and from the haze steps a dark stallion covered in blue marbling. Her golden eyes quickly hide the sudden shock from his appearance as the male gets straight to business, introducing himself and speaking of a shifter pack. “Shifters?” She asks curiously, glancing at her traveling companion as she removes herself from the lake and shakes the remaining droplets free from her buckskin coat. Her black and white friend seems slightly annoyed and she doesn’t recoil from his wet touch but makes a point to stand on her own when greeting Spirit, tucking away Chem’s murmured words to remember later.

She belonged to no-one but herself.
    An Amazonian through and through.

She merely smiles when he speaks of the North and already comes to the conclusion that perhaps Hyaline is not where she ultimately belongs. She doesn’t have a wit of magic least of all shifting. Still, this is an opportunity to get to know more of this land and meet someone new. With a glance over at Chemdog she murmurs a soft “Thank you” and a touch of her muzzle to his as he says goodbye and begins to walk off. She gazes at his retreating backside for only a moment longer before redirecting all her attention to the marbled stallion before her. “I was looking for a kingdom to call home and Chem mentioned this place but unfortunately I don’t think I meet the requirements.” She gives him a crooked grin with a shrug, owning up to her own shortcomings easily. No point in crying over something that was far out of her control.

She pauses for a moment, looking at Spirit with curiosity. He was a handsome thing with his strange markings and she finds she doesn’t mind having to look at him. Gold meets emerald as she makes eye contact and the grin lingers just a little longer. “I’m new to these lands… Well not new exactly. I was born in the jungle many years ago but the worlds changed since Ive been.. asleep.” She thinks that’s what she had been doing all this time although she’s not sure how or why or even where. One day she had fallen asleep in the deep jungle of the Amazons and then one day she had been here, in a new Beqanna. She glances towards the lake she had just climbed out of, feeling the heat of the sun beginning to dry her out again and its rays bearing down on her already hot body. The water looks even more inviting then it had been a few seconds ago. Her molten gaze finds his green one again, not wanting to be rude. “I’d hate to have made this trip for nothing if you don’t mind a little company Spirit.”

html © dante.

@[Chemdog] @[spirit]
    [Image: BQjeje-Bardot2.png]