• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I woke up today and chose violence
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

She smiles at it, and there is nothing more it wants than to rip the expression off her smug face.

In time, it soothes itself, in time. She will choose a shape to fight in, and it waits to see what that might be. Gale’s thoughtfulness has been an incredible boon; after their Alliance battle the brindle stallion had philosophized on possible attacks, keeping track of potential weaknesses and strengths. Their time in Hyaline has helped too, familiarity with Mazikeen and her preferences in a spar growing.

The Curse has done the same, trying to instill within her a false sense of familiarity with its abilities, but it has kept back its favorites, the one that Gale wouldn’t have ever used, because Gale is weak and fair and cares too much for Mazikeen.

She becomes a wolf.

A wolf far larger than any Gale could mimic, its fur thick and bristling, glowing with the same fiery orange light in her eyes.

It croons softly in reply, using Gale’s voice, sounding as sweet and sincere as when he confesses his love:“I’m going to kill you,” It will kill her, and consume her heart and thus her magic too. Just before it does, it will pluck the vision of the place she had left the children from her memory, hunt them down, and take the better one. Perhaps it might even split itself in two and take them both.

The prospect brings a wicked smile to Gale’s blue face, and then it lunges for her.

In an instant it becomes two blue leopards, one leaping to either side. Both are aiming for her throat with those outstretched claws and gleaming teeth, but only the one to her left is really Gale’s body. The other is the result of manipulated vision.

There’s a good chance those white wolf teeth might slice at him, but he’ll he healed before he hits the ground. Mazikeen hasn’t accepted that she will die this morning, but the Curse is very much looking forward to a second dawn, one in which she recognizes her fate and the futility of resistance.

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    I woke up today and chose violence - by Mazikeen - 05-15-2021, 08:06 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-16-2021, 07:45 AM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-16-2021, 08:14 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-17-2021, 08:40 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-18-2021, 08:35 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-19-2021, 09:05 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-20-2021, 06:53 AM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-21-2021, 06:27 AM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-21-2021, 09:33 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-22-2021, 06:56 AM