• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I woke up today and chose violence

Mazikeen’s eyes close as Gale’s touch moves across her skin, and she’s just telling herself that it’s okay to enjoy this brief moment of happiness when he falls still. Her eyes flash open again and she stays still too, waiting for the question - her heart already racing. There is a brief regret that if she had worn her wings they could have stretched this interlude out longer but she shoves it aside and finds the resolve that had been bright within her moments ago.

His voice sounds uncertain instead of angry, her nickname used instead of her full one. Simple, small signs that makes her believe the switch has not been made yet (forgetting, for the moment, how perfectly the Curse had imitated Gale the last time because she wants to believe it's him). But surely it will come, won’t it? She kisses him softly on the neck and tenderly tugs his mane once more before she takes a few steps backwards - so that she can watch his eyes. Watch for those all-black pupils and any warning sign she can get.

She hates this feeling, hates moving away from him.

The fear and uncertainty and anticipation are back and she wonders if he can hear how loud her pulse is roaring in her ears as she stands on the edge of this cliff and waits for the consequences of her actions.

And then she answers, her voice a practiced calm. “Yes, you did.”

Even though she still believes this to be Gale, even though she wants so badly to tell him about his children she remains vague because she does not know if the Curse is listening. The less it knows, the better. Right?

Her next words were meant to be calm too but the churning emotions in her crack into her voice and burn in her eyes as she watches him. “I’m sorry, Gale.” These words are both true and false. She is so sorry that he won’t get to meet them, not yet. Mazikeen believes Gale would - will - be such a good father and she has taken that away for now, and she is sorry for that too. She is not sorry for what she’s done. She is not sorry for protecting their children before herself.

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    I woke up today and chose violence - by Mazikeen - 05-15-2021, 08:06 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-16-2021, 07:45 AM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-16-2021, 08:14 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Mazikeen - 05-17-2021, 07:06 AM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-17-2021, 08:40 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-18-2021, 08:35 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-19-2021, 09:05 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-20-2021, 06:53 AM