• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i can feel your halo

They are alike in that way.

There isn't much of Loess to remind Tarian of Paraiso and he finds that he doesn't mind.  There is nothing (apart from the coast) to remind him of the starlit cove that his Uncle tried to teach him how to divine pasts and presents and futures from the stars. Nothing of the empty fields where had spent countless hours drilling and training for fights that weren't his own (but the payouts were enough to buy his loyalty for whatever cause). Loess reminded him of no other place that he had lived before and despite the upheavals he has encountered her, it has made him more inclined to like this land that is carved with canyons and raises its praise for the heavens with its Redrock spires.

If he has to stay anywhere, why not Loess?

Over the years, it has come to suit him just fine.

So as he gazes down at the other gray stallion, he wonders if @[Ashhal] has come to the same conclusion. He looks comfortable enough, Tarian thinks, sprawled out on the sandstone like some sun-bathing nereid. It almost makes him regret waking the other pegasus up from his nap. His blue eyes trace over the widening span of his wings and the other horse doesn't mind staying silent. The sun is rather spectacular in this spot, and the napping brute has done a rather fine job of clearing this space out. Flicking his white tail rather idly, Tarian lifts his head to peer down at Ashhal.

"My apologies for disturbing you," the silver pegasus states dryly. Those court manners peaking out again. "I wasn't aware that you kept such a busy schedule." There is a pointed silence before Tarian asks, "Your shoulder?" Probably healed by now, but then, he always had made sure those in his company were taken care of. It's no different with Ashhal, he thinks. But as he looks down at the stallion again, there is a twitch of a smile that normally isn't there.

Messages In This Thread
    i can feel your halo - by Tarian - 05-15-2021, 12:41 PM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Ashhal - 05-19-2021, 09:09 AM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Tarian - 05-22-2021, 05:35 PM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Ashhal - 05-25-2021, 09:36 AM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Tarian - 05-30-2021, 03:11 PM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Ashhal - 06-03-2021, 10:13 AM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Tarian - 06-09-2021, 01:53 PM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Ashhal - 06-11-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Tarian - 06-11-2021, 07:54 PM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Ashhal - 06-15-2021, 09:41 AM