• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Maybe this will be my cure // Galadriel, Any
    I swallow down whatever thoughtless retort would have spilled from my lips. She's my mother, and there's nothing I can do about it, but I won't have that be my definition. I scowl instead, first at the gilded stallion, then at the crimson flickering girl. 

For a moment I stare at the undulating colors on the girl's legs, mesmerized by the whirls of light and dark. My mouth twisted, one brow raised as if to say 'I told you so'. 

It was only when the dark prince began to taunt us anew did my eyes flash and roll heavenward. For a brief moment the whites are stark against the pearl pink of my face, ghoulish in my impertinence. "If you know my mother, then you know you're going to have to try harder than that." I chide, shrugging. 

My lack of interest in his drawling description seeps away along with the temperate day, entirely without warning. The field of wildflowers, the painfully blue sky, all of it fade in an instant, to be replaced with a roiling river of fire and cliffs of unforgiving stone. 

My heart swoons with sudden vertigo, the illusion of height enough to turn my stomach into a writhing mess. Never mind the cartoonish screams that echoed from beneath us, my was only concern is with backing away from the crumbling edge. 

@galadriel@"Obscene"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Maybe this will be my cure // Galadriel, Any - by Calavera - 06-09-2021, 03:49 PM