• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  Time is just a remedy covered in disguise [Leilan/Any]
    Leilan
    ”Probably not. But we could always chase him down,” Leilan offers with a near-mischievous spark in his eyes before turning more serious to listen to her.

Ciri obviously hadn’t made her decision overnight, if he was allowed to think of that little pun. And perhaps Chemdog would indeed be back, though the scaled roan wouldn’t mind visiting Silver Cove instead - or, perhaps, Ciri would want to go like he’d suggested just now. In fact, between himself, Chem and Nashua (and his lingering granddaughter whom seldom showed interest in politics), diplomatic visits had been lacking. Jesper officially held his position as Skald, but the fox shifter was more of a homebody. A former Heart, like Ciri, might make a change.

And then there was the other thing she needed to know about: ”If you can, I’d like you to meet with Nashua. He’s our current general and champion, and might be relieved if you can take over his night shifts. More time for the family, I bet,” he adds and smiles a little. For an old man like himself - not that he feels old or shows it bodily, but still - he didn’t have much priorities when it came down to mares or small foals any longer, and figured it for the best. ”Besides that, I think a position similar to your former one might suit you. That way, if you feel like it, feel free to connect with the other lands or even to make a trip back to the Field once in a while.” So basically she has his leave to do what she seems fitting in the moment; be that patrolling or going out. As long as they don’t all go out at once, Leilan doesn’t see much of a problem with it. Besides, now that he knows about linking with the portal and (be that somewhat accidentally) with Yanhua, he feels confident that they will be able to call him when necessary, wherever.

His gaze is amused when she pledges her promise. ”I’m sure I won’t, Thane Ciri. Now, is there something else I can do for you, or do you want to explore on your own?”
    old, but I'm not that old
    young, but I'm not that bold

@[Ciri] I put her up at the ranks, I hope you like it <3
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Time is just a remedy covered in disguise [Leilan/Any] - by Leilan - 05-22-2021, 08:31 AM