• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Stuck underwater [Oceane]

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

He cannot quite meet her gaze and avoids it until her muzzle tucks beneath his, lifting his haunted eye to her worried amber ones. Her steady warm look and her soft touch are more comforting than he expects and he slowly breathes her in, closing his eye, and softens the jagged edges of his anxiety that claw within his chest. Too soon she pulls away and how easily she excuses his behavior and shoulders yet another burden that she should not have to.

The shame easily washes through the remnants of his panic. He had wanted this responsibility, had wanted to show her he was worth the risk, worth the trouble. For a moment he means to dissuade her, to at least try and attempt a Tephra visit if only to prove to himself that he would not remain broken in Ellyse’s shadow forever. The words never come and his gaze remains hollow as she ruffles her feathers.

How he wishes he could be a stronger man.

She is steady in the face of his storms and her tender tone coaxes him to step towards her, to close that gap between them. This is perhaps more terrifying then facing whatever remained in the ashland but her scent is like a balm, gold flecks sweeping over her features before he presses his ravaged face into the curve of her neck and buries himself into the soft waves of her violet mane. That’s the fragrance of purple he had dreamed of, he realizes, the floral scent of violets and lilac. He breathes her in and murmurs against the cool shimmer of her skin. “I do feel comfortable with you Oceane.”

Pausing, he pulls back from her with regret as his nerve leaves him. Burying himself within the silky strands of her feels safe, feels like a lost home that he’s never known. “It’s not that I don’t want you to know.” He admits, hesitates, as his dark eye lifts back to hers. “I try but…” A snort of frustration, nostrils flaring as once again the words lodge in his throat. “I wish I could just show you.” He mutters softly. It would be so much easier even though he wouldn’t wish his living nightmares on anyone.

Ledger

@[Oceane]
    Does Patrick want to try out her Genie powers on David? Tongue

Messages In This Thread
    Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-06-2021, 01:54 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-12-2021, 11:55 AM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-13-2021, 12:19 AM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-15-2021, 09:55 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-16-2021, 02:20 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-17-2021, 09:31 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-18-2021, 12:00 AM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-21-2021, 11:26 PM