• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Stuck underwater [Oceane]

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

Just this simple exchange, speaking of Loess and kingdom changes, brings a warm rush of pleasure. It had been a long time since he had experienced such normalcy and he is grateful to slip into the warm waters of blissful chatter and pretend that life could be this simple. She speaks of a new arrival, Cheri, and he can’t help but grin at the smile blossoming on her face. Oceane thrives where others might buckle under the pressure of a crown. He had known many that had found ruling to be a burden, his father being one of them. The twilight mare seems to carry that heavy load with an undeniable grace while still finding joy in her role. That weird sensation flutters around his vapidly empty glass heart and his body shifts in response as he tries to dispel the discomfort of feeling so strange. He knows it has to do with her, it only seems to happen in her presence.

It’s becoming impossible to deny his admiration and attraction to Oceane or to deny that he can feel emotions besides the anger that had once consumed him and burned him alive from the inside. He had thought the glass heart would make him as hardened and frozen as the icy tundra that Leilan called home. Now though, that alien feeling that keeps whispering around the fragile yet thick crystal in his chest, tells him otherwise and it is terrifying. Terrifying not to know what it could mean, what might happen if that feeling grows. If it will literally shatter him to pieces.

“You’ll have to watch that one, young and free for the first time usually means trouble.” He chuckles softly, amused but unable to keep the flicker of sadness from the gold flecks of his dark eye. The branded stallion had never had much of a childhood, had never had anything but rainclouds over his shoulder during most of his young adult life. It’s not his own experience that makes a pang of regret bounce off the cage of glass, it’s the thought of his lost children. Did Joaquin and Joplin ever get to experience a happy childhood and the thrill of adventure for the first time? Or had they grown up like him, scared and miserable.. Because of his failure and actions? Oceane offers the much needed distraction of the Pampas and he listens to her speak of it's new Prince, not missing the curiosity that tinges her words and the glint in her amber eyes. “You’re intrigued by him.” He muses with another soft laugh, not offended in the least by her slight pause and not reading anything into it. He regards her information for a moment before responding with a slight shrug, “Livening up the place could mean a variety of things. It would be wise to reach him first before others do while sussing out his intentions.” He doesn’t doubt her competency to rule her kingdom but he offers his advice just the same.

I must be boring you. He shakes his head slowly, the warmth in the dark eye brightening. “Never.” He responds quietly, that peculiar sensation back in his breast. However she’s given him an opening and so he takes it. He is not ready for the look on her face as he starts to mention his intentions. She seems almost.. upset. As he finishes his spiel, she seems to relax and it is only then that he realizes why. Had she been unhappy to think of him leaving? That sensation seems to grow in intensity, enough to make him exhale sharply as she speaks and almost misses what she says. Her forelock is thrown, wild and unruly, across her forehead as she accepts his offer and relief floods his system, a ghost of a smile back on his lips as the queer emotion lingers and reverberates through the heart of glass. His gaze darkens slightly as he considers her, as the words escape him low and husky before he can reel them in. “I want to do this Oceane.” He exhales again, unable to remove that sensation from his breast. “Would it be such a bad thing if I wanted to do this for you?”

A soft flick of snowy tendrils brush across his hindquarters, suddenly unable to shake the discomfort from his heart. “I prefer diplomacy. But if you needed the bear then you would have him.” His gaze molten as he looks directly into the depths of her own sparkling eyes, aware that his words are filled with more meaning than he had expected. Aware that it’s not a lie. For Oceane, this mare who had taken a risk of friendship for him and seen past his many flaws, he knows in his soul if she needed him as his worse self than he would take that risk. For her.

Ledger

@[Oceane] <3

Messages In This Thread
    Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-06-2021, 01:54 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-12-2021, 11:55 AM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-13-2021, 12:19 AM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-15-2021, 09:55 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-16-2021, 02:20 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-17-2021, 09:31 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-18-2021, 12:00 AM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-21-2021, 11:26 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-23-2021, 12:00 PM