• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Cast your light - Oceane

oceane
    a little white light
    in a sea gone black

Oceane shares in Cheri's joy with her own warm laughter and a low nod to acknowledge the girl's thanks. She revels in the unbridled expressions of Loess' newest resident, finding a particular bittersweet reaction within herself at what the future holds for Yanhua's daughter; she can see it mirrored in the antlered stallion's eyes, the pride and the melancholy. It's difficult to see one's own child grow up and spread their wings, no matter how capable or ready they are. She thinks to Alcinder and Altum, though her thoughts don't linger here long.

Diplomacy, after all.

“Loess thanks you, too, miss Cheri.” She falls silent, averting her bright amber eyes to survey the surrounding area in an attempt to give Yanhua and Cheri a moment to say their goodbyes. She thinks suddenly to offer the man housing for a few days, to rejuvenate himself within the hot springs, but Cheri has dismissed him quickly and Oceane knows all too well that he likely has duties awaiting him back in Taiga. “I'm sure she will be nothing short of an absolutely delight. You are welcome here anytime, Yanhua. Please feel free to visit whenever you'd like.”

She gifts the stallion a polite bow of her head and the slight unfurling of her twilight wings, the action one akin to a curtsy, before she turns her gaze back to their newest Loessian.

“Well, my girl, I'd like to give you a few days to settle in and explore,” her warm smile shifts into something more amused, the twinkle in her honeyed eyes reflecting just that, “But I have a feeling you want to get started right away. So how about you spend some time exploring, but also introduce yourself to those you come across. Loess and the rest of the Southern kingdom are large - it's important that a diplomat's face be known to as many of their fellow kinsmen as possible.”

@[Cheri]
    “”

n | v
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    Cast your light - Oceane - by Cheri - 04-30-2021, 05:44 PM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Oceane - 05-01-2021, 03:31 PM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Cheri - 05-03-2021, 09:42 PM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Oceane - 05-05-2021, 10:35 AM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Cheri - 05-07-2021, 08:34 AM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Oceane - 05-13-2021, 09:39 PM