• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [mature]  If you hurt me I wouldn't cry [Cheri]

The light that meets the dark

The weather was pitching itself into a late evening storm and Cheri held her breath, waiting for Obscene to answer her. That silence could be felt. The clouds themselves darkened, boiling over into gray storms that threatened to burst at any second. Inside of her lungs the same pressure built until Obscene spoke aloud, and with a petulant exhale Cheri contemplated stumbling angrily away.

What did it matter? “It matters to me.” She thought harshly, avoiding that crimson stare. Everyone around her held back when it mattered most: her parents (she still remembered the night Amarine was set on leaving them behind for the quest), Targaryen (who held an ocean of secrets behind his eyes every time he looked at her), and now Obscene. It mattered more than anything what he thought, because he’d been the one who put her in this state of mind to begin with. He’d started this game and now she was challenging him to finish it - to finish her or make the next move, whichever suited him best.

But he saved himself before she could react. Cheri turned to tell him she was leaving and when she did, his lips were on hers in an instant and everything she might’ve said was swallowed whole.

Elation overtook her, body and spirit. The clouds let loose their quarry, dumping an icy rain over the pair once again like it had the first time they’d encountered one another. Cheri could hardly feel the stinging pitter patter against her skin. She only gasped and closed her eyes, tilting her head up toward his face with a silent desire for more. Later, long after the nectar had worn off and Cheri had her senses back in control, she might feel a conflicting wave of emotion surrounding this moment, but oh - in the present she feels it curling like a warm thrill in her belly, making her muscles soft. Beneath Obscene she’s gone limp; Cheri is pliable and willing, her head full of the nothingness brought on by their drunken stupor.

She shook gently, nervous that her previous display would have him thinking she was capable of so much more when in reality, she was inexperienced at the art of passionate love. She’d only ever known the embrace of family members or close friends. Obscene was truly the first to kiss her and be kissed by her in this fashion. The heady potency of the moment conflicted with her feelings. In the midst of their embrace, his admission cleared some of the fogginess from her head; she laughed, not unkindly.

“You say that with such conviction…” She murmured in a daze. “I’m nothing special.”

She turned her cheek away, regretting it instantly though it felt necessary to do so. “I’m sloshed.” She tried to reason with herself. She knew it, Obscene surely knew it. This was all just some game, wasn’t it? He’d pushed her, told her exactly how he felt before with perfect clarity, knocked her down a couple pegs and now she couldn’t believe what he was saying because of how little she thought of herself. “He probably does this all the time.” Cheri felt her guts churn unpleasantly. “Don’t be his little mouse.”

“I should go.” The young mare took a few dizzy steps to the side again, confused and angry at herself. At him, too. She tried to swallow the bile rising in her throat, concentrating on the soothing sting of the cold winter rain as it drenched her skin and made her shiver.

@[Obscene]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If you hurt me I wouldn't cry [Cheri] - by Cheri - 05-13-2021, 07:51 PM