• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I just need a change again [Oceane]

oceane
    a little white light
    in a sea gone black

Oceane is thankful when Ledger takes her explanation regarding the fish in stride ─ where he could have goaded her into feeling guiltier, he instead reassures her that he prefers a herbivorous diet. And whether or not that’s the truth or a simple white lie to settle her emotions, she appreciates his thoughtfulness nonetheless and offers him a sheepish smile in an attempt to wordlessly say as much. Suddenly struck with the notion that the random stranger she had happened upon hiding beneath a far-reaching willow in the Meadow has turned out to be much more amiable than originally anticipated, Oceane emits a brief and pensive hum.

Castile had possessed a voracious appetite, but it has been years now since the opaline woman had seen his massive shadow streak against the dry earth as he plummeted with tucked wyvern wings, only to rise back up into the sky with his ungulate quarry wrapped tightly in gargantuan, whetted claws. Her stomach could probably not handle such shrieking these days, though thankfully the waterbound vertebrates Ledger may partake in go unheard by Oceane’s zoolingualism.

She wonders, momentarily, what has become of the dragon king. Perhaps he had succumbed to his predatory-self long ago. He certainly had not been the type to hide for shame of his actions, so the only conclusion Oceane can draw is that there is nothing equine left to her former lover.

Soran is another story altogether ─ though troubled just the same. And when he had bid her farewell all those months ago, there was something in his eyes that made Oceane feel as if it would be the last time she would see him. It’s for him that her heart still lingers, though less so with each passing day. Love has never been the end-all-be-all for the Loessian Queen. Perhaps it’s a flaw ingrained in her, a product of her native land. Love is nice and lovely to possess, surely, but it has never provided her with fulfillment in the same way that her own achievements or explorations have.

When Ledger speaks again, it tugs her from one type of reverie and into another. Her smile remains, though perhaps he cannot see the melancholy that lingers within it now. “Truthfully,” she begins hesitantly but finds that she is comfortable enough to share this small tidbit, “I’m just trying to create something that I was never able to find in my motherland.”

She shares nothing else with him regarding this. It's more than she'd ever shared with anyone other than Soran.

Averting her eyes from his to avoid the feeling of vulnerability she finds blooming within her suddenly, Oceane's amber eyes focus on the glowing brand across the man's chest. She hadn't noticed it in the Meadow on Icicle Isle, but it hadn't been glowing there either.

The temperature of their conversation drops suddenly as Ledger tries to find words that refuse to spill. When he does speak, there is no mistaking the panic in his voice. Instinctively, Oceane's ears lay back and her amber eyes dart with agitation to the surrounding area, but when she realizes that Ledger has begun to speak again she settles and tells her attention back to him. “Ledger,” her own voice comes as a whisper as he sloshes into the basin. She follows to the edge of the water, taking a few strides tentatively until it laps at her hooves.

“Ledger,” she says again, this time calmly as her own ears find their way forward once more, “I don't need you to talk about it until you feel like you can.” She pauses for a moment, her concerned amber eyes searching for signs that he might hyperventilate and drown himself in the pool. “Tell me bits and pieces, when you can. And in the meantime, just give me your word that whatever it is you need to tell me won't harm you or the other Loessians.”

@[Ledger]
    “”

n | v
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    I just need a change again [Oceane] - by Ledger - 04-27-2021, 09:37 PM
    RE: I just need a change again [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-03-2021, 10:16 PM