• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Play my chest like a xylophone

He would be lying if he said he hadn’t hoped to see her again one day. It didn’t matter that during their last encounter she had tried to shred him to pieces. It was the moments after that stuck in his mind. The face of someone who desperately needed a friend.

He’s not good for much, but he is good for that at least.

Cassian had not expected that today would be the day he ran into her again however. At first he only notices the shape moving in the distance, pale against the trees, when the sound of harsh laughter rings out. It catches his curiosity, just as it would any bored horse of his particular mindset looking for a distraction. But when he peers closer and recognizes the shape he sees, a queer sort of delight bubbles up in his chest. He shouldn’t be delighted, but he can’t seem to help the wide, impish smile that curls his lips as he peers around a tree to avoid losing sight of her.

When she catches sight of him, her teeth click together in a familiarly irritated way, and laughter begins to rise before he quickly pushes it back (though perhaps not quickly enough). He frequently forgets the halo now ringing his dark head, but when the light glances across the rough bark of the tree, disturbing the shadows, he is reminded that she had never seen him with it. Perhaps she didn’t recognize him.

Or perhaps she did. Hard to say, she had found him very annoying the last time too.

“Couldn’t stay away, could you?” he quips easily by way of greeting, warm dark eyes crinkling in amusement at his own teasing. Moving around the tree, he approaches with a distinct lack of caution despite their… turbulent history. Plucking a twig from her tangled mane, he discards it at their feet before offering her a boyish grin. “Is it because you missed me?”

Cassian

@[Beryl]

Messages In This Thread
    Play my chest like a xylophone - by Beryl - 04-25-2021, 06:51 PM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Cassian - 04-27-2021, 09:17 AM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Beryl - 05-02-2021, 04:39 PM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Cassian - 05-04-2021, 08:46 AM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Beryl - 05-04-2021, 06:16 PM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Cassian - 05-07-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Beryl - 05-15-2021, 11:38 PM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Cassian - 05-17-2021, 10:08 AM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Beryl - 05-19-2021, 12:00 AM