• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Nobody's your friend at the start or at the end; any

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

Ledger has lived longer then (at times) he wished to. He had watched kingdoms fall, the world literally break, had served rulers that now existed as only legends, tales of fantasy and memory. Being called an infant is beyond laughable and perhaps if Ledger had been alone in his own body he would have done so. But he doesn’t. The bear’s patience had grown mightily thin and while the flaxen chestnut may have the restraint to withstand such disrespect, the beast within him does not.

Enough. It is a deep growl that escapes from a horses throat as his eye flickers between the dark gold flecked one and the beady stare of a predator as Ledger scrambles for control. It’s hard when his temper has risen, when his blood becomes fire in his veins and his anger which had laid smoldering in a heap now flames to life with enthusiasm. The bear contemplates how nice it would be to rip Ashaal’s larynx directly from him with his claws and put an end to him ever talking again period. That would certainly teach him some manners. “I don’t know what your problem is but you’ll watch yourself.”

With a huge amount of effort, Ledger manages to take the reins of himself again and while no apology falls from his lips (the bear wasn’t exactly wrong) he does give a frustrated sigh and stamps a hoof in agitation. This was exactly why Oceane had needed to hide him away to begin with although it would have been nice to have a heads up on the type of… citizens she had come to collect in her kingdom. A hollow laugh is finally given as the other continues to scowl (and perhaps more) after his outburst and he merely responds to his insult with a bitter response of his own. “I could use a new eye too if you happen to know where to find one.”

Ledger

@[Ashhal] I swear he's trying to be friends  Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Nobody's your friend at the start or at the end; any - by Ledger - 06-06-2021, 04:04 PM