• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Nobody's your friend at the start or at the end; any

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

Ashhal has never been particularly good company, even on his best days. And this was certainly not among his best. Nor had he ever desired learning that particular skill. So to the other stallion’s first question, he offers only a blank stare in response. What the hell was he supposed to say anyway? That his mother had been a bitch who had barely cared whether he died or not, so it’s not like she would have cared to teach him manners? Nevermind the father he’d never known. Or the school of life, where it was kill or be killed? Was that supposed to teach him how to be kind and gentle? Good fucking luck with that.

The admonishment that comes next does cause him to bristle however. His flat stare darkens with irritation as the feather’s of his wings ruffle his annoyance. “I don’t need a fucking infant giving me courtesy lessons,” he snaps, his voice low and harsh. His eyes glitter, sharp-edged obsidian glaring from his skull. “If you want nice, then piss off and find someone else.”

The winged stallion has precisely two things he is any good at, and conversation sure as hell isn’t one of them. Nor would he ever pretend it would be. He had humored Ledger this far because he suspected the man was only trying to look out for his home. Though Ashhal had certainly been crashing here, he couldn’t necessarily say the same.

Not that he would tolerate being insulted or questioned well in either case. He can’t particularly blame Ledger for asking the questions. Which unfortunately has never stopped him from doing so anyway. His scowl deepens as he eyes the yellow stallion disparagingly. “If you have to ask that you need a new fucking nose.”

@[Ledger]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Nobody's your friend at the start or at the end; any - by Ashhal - 06-03-2021, 09:46 AM