• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Nobody's your friend at the start or at the end; any

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

It’s his turn to snort in disbelief, a slight huff of laughter that fades as quickly as it comes. “Who taught you how to be nice?” As the wings begin to slowly lower and fold and his ears return from the mass of hair they had hidden in, he finds it easier to release his own tension although the scowl on Ashhal’s face still keeps him a little on edge. He hasn’t forgotten that the gray man hasn’t really given much information about himself, there’s a chance he doesn’t even live here. That he may be here for nefarious reasons. He doesn’t jump right down that rabbit hole yet although his suspicions linger.

For now he remains cautious but optimistic.

“It wouldn’t hurt, to try a little harder.” He admonishes gruffly, tossing his forehead and exposing the paper thin skin spread across his hollow eyeless socket. Claw marks pucker the skin around it before its hidden once more beneath the snowy curtain of his flaxen forelock. He pauses a moment before starting to slowly amble closer to him, still stopping with enough distance between them but close enough that they no longer throw their voices amongst the canyon walls.

“You live here, right?” He questions nonchalantly but the wariness still lingers amongst the molten flecks of his dark eye. He's not scared of Ashhal despite the crude words, rough tone, and over all unpleasantness. He had faced worse things in life than a grumpy stallion who has failed his manners course. Besides the bear was always there if things turned for the worst but that was an option he always saved for last. The white beast sometimes had a mind of its own and even after all these years, he still struggled to control it.

Ledger

@[Ashhal]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Nobody's your friend at the start or at the end; any - by Ledger - 05-29-2021, 01:21 PM