• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Nobody's your friend at the start or at the end; any

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

Dear lord, what was this guy’s deal? It seems that the mere act of breathing might irritate the gray man before him. The winged stallion remains in his aggressive stance so Ledger stays in his own, the incisors remaining instead of retracting as the bear within him becomes restless with his agitation. The last thing that Ledger wants is a fight, the bear is a different story. It latches on to the flicker of anger that rises from a smoldering coal, tastes the bitterness of ash and remembers what it had been like to rage and claw and bite. The scarred stallion had fought too hard to regain his control of the bear, to retreat from his madness, had fought too hard to let an asshole like this guy unravel all the hard work he had put into himself in smothering his fury.

This was just another test. Just another shitty temptation to fall apart.

Not today.

He starts to wonder if perhaps the stranger is just slow when he says nothing and merely stares across at him with irritability. Finally a word, a name, is roughly offered. It’s followed by something that’s mostly muttered under his breath and Ledger openly frowns, displeasure radiating in the gold flecks of a dark eye. “I’d be lying if I said it was a pleasure to meet you.” He responds flatly, wondering what on earth Oceane had seen in this stallion to allow him to come here. Then he thinks of himself and all the warnings he had given her and how she still wanted him to stay.

With a sharp sigh, he slowly releases the tension in his shoulders and allows his incisors to pop back into his gum-line. His gaze momentarily scan the stiff wings and flattened ears beneath a mass of pale tangled hair before landing back on the hardened expression of his face. If Oceane had some sort of faith in this stallion then perhaps he should try to see it too. “Are you always like this or am I just special?” A bad attempt at humor as his rough voice is strained but an attempt all the same.

Ledger

@[Ashhal] He's determined to make this man his friend lololol

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Nobody's your friend at the start or at the end; any - by Ledger - 05-21-2021, 02:56 PM