• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  If I turn into another { any }

We'll always have each other, when everyone else is gone.

That night, the moon hung full in the sky, the stars burning brighter than ever before. It had been so long since she had seen the stars, or even the sun for that matter. Despite the seemingly endless night the world had endured, Whisteria actually welcomed the night, now that the starlight and the bright gleam of the moon graced the skies of Beqanna once more. She was comforted greatly, letting out a long sigh of relief. The path ahead of her was well trodden, her hooves slipping neatly into the imprints of countless years of hoofprints from horses long since past....or returned. Though Beqanna was vastly different than it was when she first had come to it's brilliant shores, the field still remained untouched. She reveled in it's sameness, thankful that at least a few of Beqanna's territories hadn't changed. She reluctantly had to admit that she had come to love this new Beqanna, though she did miss Paradise Beach. 

She meandered through the tall, fragrant grass and the lingering summer's wild flowers, her long white tail dragging behind her like a delicate lace veil. The moon cast down on her white coat, making her look ethereal as she slid gracefully amongst the shadows. Her noble head was raised high, her chestnut ears flickering every so often at the sound of the remaining crickets from this past summer and the soft murmurs of the small groups of equines that spotted the landscape. She wandered by many, her soft blue eyes taking them in curiously. Despite having come back from the afterlife seasons ago, she still found it so strange to see so many mythical beings here. She remembered well that back in her prior life, mythic horses were quite the rarity, not to mention guarded and somewhat segregated. Whisteria could remember the day they had been denied the beautiful Serenity Lake territory, as the ruling Mythic kingdom turned herself and the rest of her herd away... For non mythical equines were not allowed to lead lands within the mythic kingdom's territories back then. It was strange to see how the dynamic of the world had changed, but she was willing to embrace it.

Stopping beside a small stream, the pale mare dipped her head to drink. The cool water nipped at her soft pink lips as they touched the glassy surface, the reflection of dazzling starlight dancing as it rippled around her. She had never lived any other way than a plain old herd mare. Even back in the elder days of Beqanna, she found the kingdoms to be intimidating. She was no fighter, she was a mother, a loyal herd mare. But, those days were done, and she had to embrace this new life she had been given. This was her second chance, and she was not about to spoil it by slinking around in the forest forever as she had been since the gates to the afterlife had opened. For too long she spent this new life feeling sorry for herself, she would not be weak forever. She had overcome too much to let it go to waste.

EIRLYS

It would unsurprisingly seem to one, perhaps, that Eirlys possessed a newfound fascination for visiting these lands. And this time around, it was for no sole purpose of comfort, but rather to expand her horizons a bit; more specifically, to socialize. The mare had always been the quiet type. An introvert — shy and unwilling. And it came to Eirlys’s own self as quite curious, actually. Because before then, before everything that had occurred with her father, she’d exhibited a bright eagerness to meet other fillies and colts. These days, however, it would seem things had taken quite the drastic turn.

So she can’t help but always study her surroundings as she wanders through the grasses. Her hooves are free of mud this beautiful night. A large, milky moon hangs suspended in the blankets of stars from above — she is thankful, albeit reluctant to ever show it. Things seemed to be improving for her, and it could be decided that Beqanna, so far, was a great new start to life. So, Tonight, a bounce in her step is what advances her forward, the hooves beating one after the other as they urge her into a cheerful prance. Her speckled ears — one of which was torn from many a day of fighting with Coakley — are aimed forward now, as her gaze moves shyly in the path of a fellow mare. Eirlys had spotted her already, a few minutes ago, but in that moment hadn’t bothered to pay her much attention. But, if she really was looking to be a more welcoming mare, she might as well introduce herself.

She slowed the pace a bit as she neared her, so as not to spook her. She did seem preliminary engrossed, sipping water from a crystalline looking pond..

”Hello, there.” she spoke from a couple of paces or so away. The dappled mare blinks, then, a friendly gesture.

THOUGHTS | "SPEECH" | 318 Words

@[Whisteria]

She is enveloped in her thoughts for a good while, the soft babbling of the cold stream wrapped her in a sense of calmness. She was scarcely aware of the silver mare that had been striding gracefully through the tall autumn grasses and heading right for her. Her greeting was soft and friendly, though Whisteria still jumped slightly and raised her head up from the stream in a small spray of cold glimmering droplets. Her wide blue eyes fell upon a dark steely mare with dapples so light they seemed to gleam in the silvery moonlight. The mare's coat reminded her of Incubi's, another of her old herd in Paradise Beach. Despite never having met her before, she had a feeling she could trust this mare not to harm her. A smile tugs at her soft pink lips. "Hello, beautiful night isn't it. I never thought I would have ever seen a time where all light would be gone.", she replied in a kind tone, dipping her head politely, her glossy white forelock falling over her blue eyes.

It had definitely been a long time since she had spoken to anyone. It has been a long and lonesome life for her thus far. She definitely was not going to deny some company on such a beautiful night. "Hello, beautiful night isn't it. I never thought I would have ever seen a time where all light would be gone.", she replied in a kind tone. Taking a moment to look up at the stars above, and returned her gaze to her new acquaintance. "My name is Whisteria, it's a pleasure to meet you.", she nickered in a gentle voice, taking a few steps forward to stand beside the steely mare. She could not remember the last time she had had an actual conversation with another mare. She had to imagine that it was back in her old herd land, probably gossiping with Ceneri. But that seemed like eons ago, and she actually felt butterflies in her stomach for the first time in a long time. Socially deprived for so long, she was thankful to finally speak to someone. She hadn't felt hopeful in a long time, she spent her entire life searching for Clawfinger, but there was no way she would ever find him. She had let herself become a shell of her former, happier, self. Her chestnut ears flickered forward, as she stood happily beside the dappled woman, maybe she would have a good start to her new life after all. 

@[Eirlys]

EIRLYS

Eirlys roves her eyes about the grassy fields again. Her crystalline blue orbs don’t lift from the sprigs or flowers at her hooves as she nods to the mares optimistic comment on the nights scenery. ”Yeah,” she agrees, ebony lips motioning themselves into a thin, lopsided smile. And she means it, too, because life should be appreciated, every aspect of it. Nature especially, because nature wasn’t always such of a jerk as say.... Well, Eirly personally wouldn’t say she was at all perfect, definitely. If anything she was a spoiled, perhaps sadistic brat. But what could go wrong with a little pleasure for chaos? So long as she had a couple limits set, preliminary.

She casts her eyes back toward the pale-coated mare, though her gaze is a sidelong one. ”A.... uh, yeah.” she mumbles lowly. ”A pleasure to meet you, too, Whisteria. You.... may call me Eirlys". The thoughts, about her not being what one might consider a “good” mare, have quite honestly disheartened her mood. Eirlys has always wanted — longed, she had even the audacity to say — to be deemed kind. Honest and good-humored; an overall admired horse. That woulda been nice. Suppose in the end most of what got the tables turned was Eirlys’s own fault, though.

But the conversation at hand was of a positive connotation, at least. Eirlys allowed for a gentle nicker of acceptance as Whisteria came to stand beside her. ”So what brings you to the Fields? I was hoping I’d be able to open up my eyes a bit to this new place, if you get what I mean. Socializing never was a strong suit. Heh.”

THOUGHTS | "SPEECH" | 276 Words

@[Whisteria]

Probably not her most poised attempt at beginning her conversation, she thought, as she stood by her steely company. She wondered if she had come on too strong, as her newfound companion seemed to keep her gaze steady to the ground. At first, it seemed her unimpressed with the pale woman, it was her lopsided grin that showed her unfeigned. Whisteria's blue eyes shown with warmth for the young mare, the outer corners wrinkling slightly as she smiled in return. She could feel the pang of motherly warmth for younger equines sting her heart. She remembered nights like this, standing beneath the stars with her eldest son, Whiskaway, while they talked like this when he was about this mare's age. Better times for her, that was for sure.

When the dappled woman finally sets her icy blue gaze on Whistera, stammering a mumbled response. The air around her seeming more tense as she fluttered through her words, but Whisteria just kept her warm gaze fixed on her. Unsure if something she said had maybe upset her, a look of concern passed over her elegant white face. -- Eirlys..Eirlys...Eirlys...ok got it..,she runs the name through her mind a few times, as to not forget it. Though, she was always very good with remembering names anyway. Before she had any more time to contemplate what she may have said to darken the mood, she was taken by surprise at the shift when the steel woman let out a soft and welcoming nicker. Though confusing, Whisteria felt a flicker of admiration. Eirlys was charming, she admitted as she gave a brisk nod, the warmth returning to her eyes.

She was honestly unsure why she even let her hooves bring her here tonight. This new world was surly intimidating to say the least, and not to mention how diverse the populace was. The only thing she knew for sure, was that she was not going to let her second chance go to waste. "Well, I'm honestly debating that with myself. I hoped to find a kingdom recruiter...if that is even what they are called now..", she mused, with a honeyed voice that could ease the most aggressive viper into placidity. She had no idea how long she had been in the afterlife, especially seeing how different the world was now that she had returned to the realm of the living once more. She knew the old herds were gone, and she had yet to come across any like the ones back in what she called "The Homelands". Hell, there probably weren't even kingdom recruiters anymore, seeing how foreign this Beqanna was to the pale woman. She pushed the thought away before continuing. "Either way! I am wanting to try a new way of living, expand on myself. If that makes sense? I was hoping to join a kingdom, I spent my prior life as a herd member of Paradise Beach, though, it no longer exists... So, I decided I wanted to try living life again, make the most of it!", she said, momentarily lifted her soft blue gaze to the glimmering stars above as she spoke of her old home. She realized how much she missed it, and the family she had built in it. But she pushed the feeling aside with a swift swish of her ivory and chestnut tail, finally bringing her gaze back to reality.

Her smile glowed as she finished with a happy determined snort, a look of determination taking over. Tipping her head toward Eirlys, she nickered softly. "Trust me, after so long on my own, I am a bit rusty with socialization as well. You've definitely found yourself in a more inclusive Beqanna than the one I had known many MANY years ago. I've done a bit of exploring myself, its definitely stunning! Either way, I hope you find wonder here, like I have.", her last words filled with genuine feeling. Wondering if her companion could tell she hoped the same for herself, with this new version of her world. She had found wonder in it, but that was back then... -- This was an entirely new world, that she needed to rediscover with with an open mind.  

@[Eirlys]

ooc: sorry for the novel! I'm feeling the muse tonight haha