• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  i'm insane to complain

He stands on the black sand beach, the waves lapping at his black legs. He watches the moon rise over the calm waters, bright glowing organisms alight as they crash gently into his ankles. His illuminated smoke billows from around his feet, rising to dissipate somewhere near his knees and hocks. A wind comes and sweeps his long hair away from his bright teal eyes, making his smoke dance. He lifts his head and looks down the dark beach, lit by the silver light of a full moon; he whistles. A pair of doberman type hounds come striding toward him, vanishing when they come within a few feet of him. “Good.” his voice rumbles. The souls summoned saw no sign of Gospel, the territory’s current leader.

Can it be his then? He questions, tipping his gaze to the moon. A place to finally rest – somewhere that isn’t the River or the arctic. Though he does love his brother from another mother, Leilan, and he always has appreciated the free pass to do pretty much nothing and still get to live in Icicle Isle, it is not the place for him. It isn’t even the cold, really, he likes a good hardy winter – it is the fact that it was ALWAYS WINTER. Like somewhere tropical having no season, this was the arctic for him, a seasonless barren land of boringness. And perhaps really it isn’t even that, and it is more that he never took the time to fall in love with it. Not like he fell in love with Silver Cove over 40 years ago, or even Hyaline less than 20 or so years ago – when it was a school yard for the young and bright.

The land has morphed and shifted and still the Cove remains. A little changed, but not so dramatically that it isn’t the same old hunk of beachland he fell in love with so long ago. He has memories of many relationships here, of children born and raised, fights one and lost. A family built and lost.

He was back.

chemdog
    astra inclinant, sed non obligant.

OK, SO - i am so willing to not do this if this ruins things for anyone. it looks kinda vacant, so i went for it, but if this isn't cool just say the word! also he won't remove anyone or be a jerk. everyone's free to go about their business. if all goes well i'll post an activity check and everyone and choose whatever they want Heart

also this is rambly and random, i just wanted to slap somethn up here

Could it be true then? The former tender of Silver Cove did not come? He waits, watching the waves lap the black beach under the bright moon all night. Morning comes, mists and a more violent sea rises with the sun. Peach, gold and rose-red touches everything slowly, like silk falling over a naked body; kissing the curves first, and then the details, and soon even the deepest shadows have a little illumination.

He summons a pair of pale ghostly ravens, materializing from his chest and flying out as if released from a cage. They go opposite ways, with silent instruction to search every inch of the Cove in the daylight. He listens for a raven’s call, or a voice, anything.

IS ANYONE HERE STILL?
    just making sure before i go forward with anything [not that i have any idea wtf im doing]

you can reply ooc or short ic, doesn't matter!

also no need to have any official rank or what not, i can put anyone down as just 'resident' if you want
    <3333