• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me clarity | Mazikeen
    Information 
    Mazikeen
    His purr brings forth one of her own which then deepens as things progress and Mazikeen cannot quite seem to string a coherent thought together enough to be embarrassed about it. She’s far too distracted. There are a lot of nerves (and some momentary irritation about biology and who is where in this scenario) but it doesn’t take very long at all for her thoughts to fade away and the world condenses to just her and Gale.

Any awkwardness on her part or his is quickly forgotten in the moment as tries to just let her instincts take over. Afterwards, she stretches luxuriously - feeling a little lighter and thinking that hadn’t been nearly as frightening as she had worked it up to be. The anger is still there somewhere but it’s been effectively smothered for the time being and Mazikeen feels no desire at all to try to dredge it up. She’s happy to let it lie, to think of other things and do what she’s supposed to have been doing - enjoying what time she has.

Mazikeen swears she can actually see the presence of questions in Gale’s mind when he looks at her - she’s feeling far too lightheaded to try to come up with any of her own so she waits with a hazy smile on her face to see if he’ll actually ask anything. When he does, a gentle laugh escapes her and she reaches out to nuzzle his navy cheek before settling herself down beside him, not pressed against him but comfortably close. “Timing, maybe? I feel like pregnancies usually happen over the winter? Which I guess makes sense, that the slight emphasis on the word meaning to refer back to what they’d just done “is certainly one way to keep warm and fill up cold days.” Her smile sparkles with humour as she says this and she doesn't look away as she feels a blush race across her skin.

Mazikeen supposes she should know all about how pregnancy worked but she had just never really paid attention before - she’d joined the pack before her mother became pregnant with any younger siblings and none of her close friends have had kids (that she is aware of, and she did in fact completely miss Breach’s pregnancy). But she thinks she's noticed pregnant mares over the winter and the births must happen sometime after that. Though she never could tell the difference between a foal that was three days old or three seasons, they all just looked so small to her.

Her insecurities have not settled back into her mind yet and it makes her bold enough to ask the question she thinks of. “Would…” She trails off, trying to think of how to phrase her question - orange eyes sparking with their own curiosity as she looks at him. “Would you like to? Make babies, I mean.” Mazikeen hadn’t given kids another thought since their last conversation on the matter but she wonders now if this is something he’d like to do before the Curse takes over his life, or if the mere presence of the Curse means it is too dangerous of a thing to contemplate.

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity | Mazikeen - by Mazikeen - 04-16-2021, 05:46 PM