• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me clarity | Mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Even Gale knows a calming breath when he sees one. The way its effects alter the glow of Mazikeen’s body is unexpected and he decides the glowing means she is agitated in some way, and resolves to avoid it going forward. What a remarkable sort of thing, far more practical than his faintly glowing scars, and beautiful too.

He watches as they fade, retreating up her neck, her sides, remaining only along her back. Her fiery backbone, he thinks to himself with a smile, and he wonders if it is hot to the touch. When she turns to face him he’s settling down more comfortably at her warning. Best to be comfortable for things that depend with the two of them.

Well. That is not what he had been expecting at all.

Gale has avoided thinking much about the activities Mazikeen asks about, and he’s clearly not expecting her question.

“Well....” There is quite a bit to tell, and as Gale considers where to start, his eyes start wandering, and his attention soon follows suit. The broken saber of her tooth that he’d snapped reminds him of their battle. Gale admires the sleek fur of this shape, the way she sits like a coiled spring, ever ready.

The few feet between them feels suddenly very large, and Mazikeen much farther away than he’d prefer. On his recently stretched legs he moves closer, bumping his navy face against her shoulder and running his cheek along her neck. Her white fur is softer even than it looks, and he can feel the strength in the muscles beneath it.

When he speaks, his voice is a low rumble, belieing the rapid rhythm of his heartbeat. It starts with kissing, he tells her, and progresses from there. He presses against her as he speaks, rubbing his chin gently against her shoulder. “So. Worth delaying the festival for?”

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity | Mazikeen - by Gale - 04-15-2021, 10:20 PM