• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me clarity | Mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Unaware of what spins behind her orange eyes, Gale is admiring the shape of the saber-toothed creature in front of him. She’s taller than he is, but still feline, like the margay she had worn just before he’d told her he loved her. Her fur is sleek and shining, and he is just wondering how it will feel against his face when she begins to glow.

It’s beautiful.

The light that flickers across her white coat is like lava on white sand, and he feels a similar curious desire to touch what he knows will harm him. This must be her Brightness, the same remnant of magic that has brought light to so many of them that were kept in darkness so long.

“I -” don’t think I’ll ever get tired of looking at you. Only the first word comes out before Gale realizes that Mazikeen is already yelling at him.

So enthralled by the glowing, he’d been ignoring her words until the second syllable in ‘stupid’. Immediately bewildered, that dark pupils of Gale’s blue eyes go very wide as he listens to her tirade. By the time she’s parroting his words back to him, he’s pieced together both that he’d somehow mangled his very funny joke and that Mazikeen is absolutely furious at him.

He’s still very far from processing a reply when she leaps.

“I’m not...” proud he tries to spit out before she pounces, because he certainly isn't. Mostly he is confused and alarmed. He’s royally forked this up, and it seems too late to change it as the white smilodon leaps toward him.

He’d been wanting a closer look at her glowing skin, but hadn’t anticipated it happening quite like this.

Though there hasn’t been time to think of an answer, thinking isn’t necessary to react to her attack. He moves to the right without conscious thought, ducking low and twisting his upper body to the left to smack at her haunch with the flat of his right paw. Even when moving instinctively he doesn’t slash at her, but he does bare his white teeth in a rather fearsome snarl when she flips and pins him.

“That hurt!” He says, though the pain has healed by the time he speaks, and he’s referring more to his pride than any injury. She doesn’t let him up immediately, so he huffs out a short sigh and grumbles: “You know, I think you had a much better sense of humor before you became the Alpha. Or maybe those horns are growing into your brain.”

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity | Mazikeen - by Gale - 04-14-2021, 07:03 PM