• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me clarity | Mazikeen
    Mazikeen
    Mazikeen likes Gale’s sense of humour, likes the way it colours his voice and urges a laugh from her with what feels like no effort at all. So she thinks she knows what it sounds like when he’s making a joke - and right now she replays his tone in her head a couple times just to be sure that there’s absolutely no indication of this being some very unfunny joke.

She should have stayed up on the damn rock.

While it replays in her head, she feels the hurt begin to eddy - a familiar feeling that is no less powerful just because she was expecting it - but she pushes past the hurt to the anger that bubbles up. As she does, cracks of light begin to race across her feline body - glowing like flame. It’s appropriate since she feels like she is fracturing but her burning eyes are only fixed on Gale and the glow grows stronger with the venom in her voice. “I can’t believe I was so fucking stupid to think that you actually l… lo…” That word sticks in her throat and she shakes her head, pushing past. “Sure, let’s go as friends. You can tell everyone how easy it was to dupe me, it’ll be fun. ‘That’s Maze, I’ve broken her heart twice now and she's still dumb enough to be here, isn’t that funny?’” The phrase broken her heart slips out without her meaning for it to. She wasn’t sure if that was what she was actually feeling or if it was just the closest thing to describe just how much it hurt to have her fears realized. Again

When was she going to learn?

She would still go too and she cannot decide at this moment whether she's more mad at herself or at him.

Mazikeen can’t feel that ever-present hope in her anymore, not right now. It makes too much sense that this is the truth of it. And she cannot stop thinking about how he must’ve been laughing at her every time his touch drew out a sigh or every time she pressed a little closer. “I hope you’re fucking proud of yourself.” She wishes her voice sounded angrier, to her it just sounds wounded. The idea that it could also sound like that to him, that her pain was on display instead of carefully hidden, pushes her deeper into a rage.

Mazikeen shifts her weight and then lunges for him. Although there is a snarl, her teeth are not bared and her claws remain sheathed. This is not a lethal attack. This is not the blinding white-noise rage that makes her lose control of her mind and body. This is pain and she just wants to knock him over so he might feel a small sliver of it.

@[Gale] [ANGRY GLOW]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity | Mazikeen - by Mazikeen - 04-14-2021, 02:39 PM