• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  winter just wasn't my season

Tarian's heart flickered once and then it went out.

It had once hoped for many things - the life that he had been intended for: taking his place amongst a dynasty of airbenders, earning a place amongst the ancestors who had fought and bled and even died for their ancient home - and then Fate had shown how little it cared for what a young Tarian had once wished for (yes, even Tarian hoped and dreamt - even if the stoic stallion would never admit to it now).

All it took was the flicker of a moment, a shimmer of Magic, a moment of mist, and then it was all gone.

Fates, the Winds, the Gods - whatever it might have been - had taught Tarian a lesson at an early age and he is grateful for it. He had learned that Gods hold little thought for the things they destroy; for something eternal, a beginning is an ending and so the circle of immortality continues.

For the woman who sparks on the sunlight like a kindling flame, the pegasus withholds his sharp tongue (for now). He sighs and settles the white wings carefully against his silver sides. So she hopes to be recruited like the rest of them, looking for a beginning to continue that cycle of living. The way she speaks of the Field is with familiarity and there is a glint in his blue eyes for the direct way that she speaks to him.

Good. Tarian has little time for those who cower.
    Not when he is representing a kingdom that has seen dragonfire, death, and theft in the last few years.

The other stallion rolls his eyes and that snaps Tarian's attention from the palomino. Not lost, retorts the brute, not physically. He wonders briefly what that means. His dark lips pull into a thin line (not quite a frown, though he feels the downward tug of it) and the Loessian lifts his head to glance between the pair. "Forgive me," the winged stallion states. "I'm still... familiarizing myself with the concept of the Field." Tarian had been born knowing exactly where he belonged. He never had to go searching for it. And he had never been a creature for conversation. "Tarian of Loess," is offered as a hesitant introduction with an expectant gaze that the duo would introduce themselves.

@[Osiriis] @[Ruthless]

Messages In This Thread
    winter just wasn't my season - by Ruthless - 04-13-2021, 06:59 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Osiriis - 04-13-2021, 08:26 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Tarian - 04-14-2021, 05:48 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Ruthless - 04-14-2021, 07:46 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Osiriis - 04-15-2021, 09:10 AM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Tarian - 04-17-2021, 05:47 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Ruthless - 04-18-2021, 10:47 AM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Osiriis - 04-20-2021, 01:14 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Tarian - 04-28-2021, 03:50 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Ruthless - 05-01-2021, 08:50 PM