• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies [Crowns]
    CrownS
    What’s the point of it?

The question hangs there and Crowns turns it over a few times as he considers it a while. Of course, no answers come to him. Maybe the tree has no point to it at all and it exists only to be admired. He blinks a few times as he tries this conclusion on for size. The boy offers a light shrug before looking back to the stranger, chuckling at their shared ignorance.

No idea! But the mystery of it makes it a little cooler, I think,” he says before catching the other’s name. Obscene, from the meadow. He commits it to memory and gives a slow nod as he repeats it a few times in his thoughts. Of course, he could pluck it from his new friend’s mind later if he forgot, but to memorize it feels far more sincere. “This get together isn’t quite my idea of fun, but I don’t think many people like the sort of excitement I do.

He turns his eyes to the gathering numbers and their chattering clusters of bodies. They probably enjoy nice, pleasant things and simply go to sleep once the sun gives way to night. There’s no room for thunder and floods and poison here in this celebration. Slowly, he brings his bright eyes back to Obscene and his smile returns rather easily. Crowns spreads his wings and examines them as though seeing them for the first time.

If I let them, maybe. They go cold quick, so I try to keep them hot,” he explains before flicking one wing and sending droplets sizzling into the snow. Crowns is careful not to let the scalding waters splash near Obscene. His wings tuck tight against his back once more and he turns his attentions back to his friend.

You can stand closer, if you want. I don’t mind.
    you got me on my knees; i'm your one-man cult.

@[Obscene]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies [Crowns] - by crowns - 05-02-2021, 07:59 PM