• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies [Crowns]

Kiss me again
    Kiss me until I am sick of it

It’s not much warmer by the tree. Blue flames flicker on it’s limbs and he can barely feel any heat, not enough to reach the coldness that’s spread within him. It was the kind of cold that only ardent spirits seemed to reach. He’s not impressed and it shows as his gaze flicks to the curve of the heart shaped lake that spreads beyond the tree. Tearing away to the voice that suddenly comes from his side with a soft laugh. The stranger was about his age, smaller than him, a mix of cobalt and rust. Of course he doesn’t miss the dripping wings that wet his backside either. When he was younger, he would’ve been intimidated by those wings. By magic powers and traits in general and his lack thereof of anything.

“You are what you are.” The fae had tried to comfort him when he would come back with his ego bruised and his feelings hurt. “You’ll never be like us or them so just be yourself.” They didn’t mean to be unkind but since the fae couldn’t lie they seemed oblivious to tact and circumstance. Besides, they were right. He might have the underlying cruel streak of the faerie people, the ability to be tricky and deceitful, the natural draw towards glamour and beautiful things, was able to mask his feelings. But he would always be a regular mortal. He would age and die while the fae that had looked after him would remain the same, while horses he had come to know did great and amazing things that lived on long after his bones had crumbled into sand. It couldn’t be helped, that it left a bad taste in his mouth. Well, at least he could lie.

No, he had never seen a burning tree that didn’t blacken and fall to ash and his attention returns back to it with a little shake of his head, regarding the unburnt bark with a slight frown tugging at the corner of his lips. “What’s the point of it?” He drawls, letting the embers of his gaze burn back on his new companion with the glowing eyes. A quick thought passing that it had gotten a bit warmer since the other had joined him. “Doesn’t give much bang for its buck does it?” The gold along his face glitters slightly as he offers Crowns a smirking grin. ”Obscene… From the Meadow.” The lonely boy that still lingers somewhere in his soul wonders if he’s just made a friend. He’s not really sure how friendships work but so far this seems to be a good start. Throwing his muzzle towards the festivities in general he asks, “So, what do you think? So far seems too much of a dry bar for my tastes but hopefully we can change that.” Another pause before he finally gives a pointed look towards Crowns's wings. "Won't those freeze out here?" He's aware that there seems to be a sense of heat coming off the male and these two facts of knowledge seem to contradict themselves so he keeps that thought to himself. Ignorant as always in the face of magic. 

Obscene

@[crowns]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies [Crowns] - by Obscene - 04-13-2021, 05:16 PM