• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  To the stars who listen and the dreams that are answered [Any]
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale’s preferred method of sharing is ‘over’, and he has thus far been rather fortunate that his trusting nature has not landed him in uncomfortable situations. There are rarely others interesting enough  to draw him into conversation, so he gets little practice in chatting. Ciri has been at the receiving end of this. He’d found - and still finds - her stars sensational, and so has chosen to befriend her (even if, perhaps, he is not entirely sure he’s going about it correctly.)

Her curious question elicits a noncommittal tilt of his head. “Sort of? There’s not really a lot between the lava and waking up buried, but I think I might have died a few times climbing out, and I remember feeling...different? Not alive. But I don’t think I was in the Afterlife. Or maybe I was, but it was in Loess too? ” This is not a topic that Gale has devoted much attention too, but it is a rather marvelous one, and he grins happily at Ciri for having come up with it.

The smile remains as she thanks him for his story, and Gale bobs his dark head appreciatively.

He does not intentionally draw the vision of the wisteria tree from her mind. Ciri holds it so clearly in her mind’s eye that Gale finds it as easily as he catches the scent of stardust and salt-tears from her skin, a purple flowered wonder that is impressive even to the far-seeing brindle stallion. Though he has made a conscious effort to avoid the use of his vision magic, some habits are hard to break, and he does not regret what he’s Seen.

There is more to it, Gale knows, more to the image and the golden stallion she is not picturing, but he does not pry. Doing so would be using his Sight for far more than the single accidental shared vision, and the stallion is reluctant to do so. He is curious though, and might have asked were it not for the expression that she wears.

His ability to read body language and faces is growing, but he is not the best. This though, he recognizes, and does not disturb. He has seen his parents speak of each with that look, seen Nashua as he spoke of Noel, and Pteron of Aegean and Aquaria. Some things deserve the time to be savored.

So Gale nods his agreement, and tells her that he will look for it when he returns. “Do you live here, in the Meadow?” He asks instead, wondering where he might find her to tell her if the tree remains.

@[Ciri]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: To the stars who listen and the dreams that are answered [Any] - by Gale - 04-19-2021, 09:08 PM