• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you can keep your black tongue; any

Ciri

There’s a hint of respect in her voice when she responds to Padme, a brow quirked as she looks at her with a small smile. “There’s not many who could have survived out here in that condition.” A swish of her tail, long strands brushing against her hocks as she relaxes into a more comfortable position. Her new acquaintance talks about trying to find a home in the field and being attacked by monsters and Ciri nods in understanding. She supposes that not many had ventured out of their homes to recruit  but it leaves a sour taste in her mouth that nobody had tried to help the more unfortunate during such a disaster. There was strength in numbers so bolstering one’s population might have made a herd as a whole a much harder target. Plus it just wasn’t right to not help out others that had nowhere to go. And pregnant at that.

She hesitates for a moment, knowing this might be too personal of a question, but decides to ask anyway. “Forgive me if I’m out of turn but what about her father? He did not stay to protect you?” Pausing for another moment to let her respond, angling her head slightly as she listens. There’s a thought bubbling in her mind and she’s hesitant at first to voice it. Although being a traveling nomad was something she could do and had done for several years…. Her time in Hyaline had opened up a new world of possibilities. She finds that she misses that life, misses being part of something bigger then herself, misses being able to have a purpose. She had been Hyaline’s Heart, a title given for the love Amet had once had for her but to Ciri it had been much more. Of course she had loved Amet but she had also loved their home. She would have done anything to protect it. It would be nice… to care about something like that again.

“Now that the light is back, I was thinking of searching out the kingdoms. Seeing if anyone might want my services. I know we just met… but why don’t we go together? As much as I love the Meadow, I think I’m ready to move on.” The dark scarred lady hopes that Padme will accept, it’s something that could benefit them both. Ciri could use the company and help protect them if trouble arose. Padme could have an extra set of eyes to watch her child and possibly find a home. The slow swirl of her metallic gaze searches Padme’s face as she waits for her answer, her features calm and curious.

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

@[Padme] Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    you can keep your black tongue; any - by Padme - 04-08-2021, 10:24 PM
    RE: you can keep your black tongue; any - by Ciri - 04-09-2021, 01:57 PM
    RE: you can keep your black tongue; any - by Ciri - 04-16-2021, 04:51 PM
    RE: you can keep your black tongue; any - by Ciri - 04-25-2021, 01:14 PM