• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  We’ll be counting stars
    Leilan
    For a brief moment in time, @[Yanhua] becomes the spitting image of his sire, and Leilan smirks the same way he had done with Wolfbane in the Afterlife, answering with a "That'd be entirely up to you." Then he remembers how the goatly stallion has never met his sire proper, and the scaled stallion is glad that the topic lies with his own 'appearance' (had something changed? As he thinks it and goes over his body, the tattoos suck in a little extra light, and his own eye color changes from icy blue to quicksilver - but that's not too abnormal) and the urgency of the call, as the chestnut names it. News? What news - oh, that news.

"I don't know how long we've been away," he starts with. He tilts his head at the other, lingers a heartbeat at star-marking on Yanhua's chest, then straightens his face. "Amarine and Reave were on the beach, but I haven't found your mother and daughters yet." A frown follows. He doesn't give the goat-horned stallion too much time to let it sink in, or think about the meaning of what it meant to have Ama and Reave on the Beach, however. It could be deadly if he started down that spiral. Instead, the former shifter continues to let the wave of intel wash over the younger male. "I'm assuming she told you, you're the heir to Taiga."

There is a pause there, waiting. Should Yanhua reject this responsibility, Leilan has little time to find someone else. Ama might be persuaded, or Borderline maybe. Reave, Roselin, Oren, Cheri - assuming she made it back - they're all too young. And just the thought of asking Shahrizai, Illum, or Ether to take over would be enough to get him to laugh about it. He knows the answer. Not in a million years. No - it has to be Yanhua and he has to take over right now, because despite the warning words he'd sent her earlier, Leilan understands that if those three hadn't made it back by now, then the holdup could be longer than just a few days. With so many northerners invested in the quest for the return of the sun, they cannot remain leaderless.
    I feel your love and I feel it burn
    down this river, every turn
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    We’ll be counting stars - by Leilan - 04-07-2021, 11:44 AM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Yanhua - 04-08-2021, 10:31 AM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Leilan - 04-08-2021, 11:33 AM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Yanhua - 04-12-2021, 04:17 PM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Leilan - 04-16-2021, 03:29 PM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Yanhua - 04-23-2021, 03:37 PM
    RE: We’ll be counting stars - by Leilan - 04-30-2021, 06:47 AM