• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  buried it where bones are buried

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

The oppression of the shadows brings back dark memories of a cold dank cell, of cruel laughter, of breaking apart. The anxiety crawls up his throat and the light in his remaining eye seems to dim as the glow of his brands only grow brighter. His glass heart remains solid and vapid, unmoving in the cage of his chest.

The young golden stallion could rip his mind with his shadows but he’s unaware of how many times it’s been shredded before and the consequences that followed. It’s doubtful Firion would like the answers he found among the torn pages of his mind or the beast that would inevitably be released, feral and rabid. As if a warning label wasn’t branded brightly on the ruined skin of his flank. “Likewise.” His own long incisors glint in the faint light that returns to their shadowed space as he speaks. He doesn’t fail to notice how he seems to defend the kelpie who had started this slippery slope with her sharp tongue, a mare that seems to need little defending to begin with. The mark of the young, quick to react and usually not thinking with the right head.

“Are we done showing off our pointy teeth now?” He finally manages with a sharp sigh, his raspy voice taunt with disapproval. The anxiety that curls heavily in his branded chest refuses to let anyone think he’s easy prey just as much as it wants to avoid this entire tone of conversation. However there’s still that part of him that makes him linger instead of leave, that part of him that recognizes the familiarity in what Firion says shortly after that. “It feels more like a curse than a gift.” How many times had he said that exact same thing? And when he speaks of not dying, the one eyed stallion nods knowingly. “I understand.” “Better than most”, he almost adds.

He regards the both of them for a moment before finally looking sharply at the metallic stallion and his shadows. “If you ever need help with that you can find me in the Meadow.” He pauses, angling his skull to better look at him and exposing the thin layer of flesh that resides in the empty socket. “Better to control your curse then let it control you.” He knows nothing about manipulating shadows but he does know much about anger and losing control. How dangerous that can be when intertwined with magic. Giving a slight nod of his head to them both, he turns and fades back into the dark woods and leaves them be.

Ledger

@[Sabal] @[firion]
    Cutting the rotation to have him bow out gracefully, hope that's ok! <333

Messages In This Thread
    buried it where bones are buried - by firion - 04-06-2021, 12:08 AM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by Sabal - 04-06-2021, 12:18 PM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by Ledger - 04-07-2021, 09:26 PM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by firion - 04-07-2021, 11:29 PM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by Sabal - 04-12-2021, 03:58 PM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by Ledger - 04-12-2021, 05:07 PM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by firion - 05-21-2021, 01:22 AM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by Ledger - 05-21-2021, 02:06 PM