• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  places i've not seen before, any
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The long-legged octopus had not noticed her arrival, tucked tightly as he was in a deep crevice of volcanic rock. Her struggles to stay afloat, her valiant effort to climb to shore, her life hanging in the balance - they mean nothing at all to the dozing cephalopod.

Only when the octopus becomes Gale again, when he climbs up onto the shore to find a bedraggled girl-child where there should be only wood and weeds, does he become concerned.

Stepping closer, he pokes at her gently, finding that she feels strange to his soft blue nose.

Strange, but not dead, so he takes a step back and pokes her a little more firmly with his hoof instead.

“Could you please not die on my beach?” he requests politely, “The last thing I need is a snack bar on the shore to draw the Monsters in.”

@[amathea]

Messages In This Thread
    places i've not seen before, any - by amathea - 04-04-2021, 09:33 PM
    RE: places i've not seen before, any - by Gale - 04-06-2021, 12:39 PM
    RE: places i've not seen before, any - by amathea - 04-10-2021, 07:51 PM
    RE: places i've not seen before, any - by Gale - 04-11-2021, 07:24 AM