• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  waiting for the hint of a spark, any

Ciri

An apology comes gasping from the mare’s lips and she instantly regrets being so snappy, even if she had collided into her. Ciri can see the whites of her eyes even in the darkness, can smell the sharp sting of sweat and fear, hear the heavy breathing as she tries to catch her breath. Cowering from her. ”It’s ok.” She finally responds, released with a sigh and her gaze still pinned to the stars that dance around her tauntingly. Quietly the girl explains how she had gotten her stars but it still doesn’t answer her question. She doesn’t understand if she’s being punished in some way or perhaps something had gone wrong when she had been transported back into this place. Perhaps her stars were lost forever. Perhaps they had turned their back on her once and for all.

Before she can speak again, the stars start to sputter and then suddenly go out completely. Disappear. A cry leaves the mare’s mouth and she’s rooted to her spot, watching as she circles and searches for them. Had she done that? Was this her fault? ”I…” She hesitates, uncertain of what to do. It’s too dark for her to see the flowers that now weave between the other’s mane although a sweet scent seems to suddenly float through the air. A sudden rustling comes from the brush to her right and its instinct that makes Ciri spins towards it placing herself between whatever is making the noise and the panicked mare. She had always been a protector even if she was grossly outmatched.

Ears pinned and metallic iris’s penetrating the darkness, pupils dilating as she tries to see what’s lurking in the shadows. This place wasn’t safe and there is an eerie sense that they are being watched. Perhaps something to do with the strangers light blinking out. Now it makes sense, why she had been running so hard. She is painfully aware of how exposed she is without the stars to call down to her aid but her body tenses and takes a defensive stance regardless. ”If it gets me, run.” She manages to whisper as she watches and waits.

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

@[basilica]

Dang I already wrote up her stars returning in a starter thread but I'm down to bring the light back here, she can't use star aura until it's night anyways so maybe seeing Basilica's stars again gives her hope till that point Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    RE: waiting for the hint of a spark, any - by Ciri - 04-10-2021, 09:28 PM