• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to break me clean it two
    Mazikeen
    It’s an effort to reign in her thoughts, to stop letting that swelling hope get the better of her. To distract her. There’s anger too, of course, simmering in the pit of her stomach - ready to fill in the gaps when all her other thoughts cease.

For now, though, Gale’s comment about the lake inspires a small smile and it’s all too easy for her to quip back. “You’ll just need to watch out for Sabal, she lives in the lake and is known to bite. I think she’ll share if you give her something shiny, though.” In contrast to her words, the lightness of her tone makes it clear she’s got nothing but fondness for the kelpie.

She wonders if they’ll get along.

Is this really going to happen?

There is an absurd feeling to apologize for needing to stay here - Mazikeen ignores it in favour of explaining why, growing serious again. “I wouldn’t mind going to Islandres, it’s just that… Breach died.” Her voice cracks on that last word, and the pain that ripples through her is strong enough that she’s not (in this moment) embarrassed by the sadness as it takes over. She feels this form droop, right from the tip of her black ears. Saying the fate of her friend out loud has never gotten any easier and she can feel that sun that had been burning in her chest collapse in on hollow space formed by the absence of Breach. The true alpha of Hyaline. Her eyes drift upwards as she continues, looking away from Gale’s tree in favour of the emptiness of where the sky should be as her strained voice continues. “I told her I’d look after the pack and I just… I can’t leave them right now.”

Mazikeen isn’t sure whether anyone living in Hyaline really needs her, but she thinks she needs them. She needs the pieces of the family she’s made here and she still hopes she can keep both of the promises she’s made.

She shakes her head to clear it, forcing herself to think about something else - flat out refusing to cry in front of him again. The confusing twist of emotions Gale inspires is practically a relief compared to the emptiness of grief. After a deep inhale (that does absolutely nothing to calm her) she lowers her gaze back to the ocelot and attempts a half-hearted joke - pulling on some of the words he'd said to her when they last saw each other. “I know you’re cursed and I should probably just do whatever it is that’ll make that easier for you but… why start now? After all, I am the most frustrating creature you’ve ever met, right?”

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    this is going to break me clean it two - by Gale - 04-02-2021, 10:21 AM
    RE: this is going to break me clean it two - by Mazikeen - 04-08-2021, 07:20 PM