• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to break me clean it two
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

He recognizes an eyeroll when he sees it, even when Mazikeen’s bright orange eyes are avian rather than equine. She sounds almost amused, but it is just different enough that Gale doubts his interpretation. He tries to determine what exactly is off as she falls quiet, taking in the bit of his history that he has shared with her.

Gale understands eagles about as well as he understands Mazikeen, which is to say that he is surprised when she descends from her perch. Surprised and delighted as well, with a smile to match as he takes in both her rapid shift and the sleek feline shape she has donned. Perhaps she is something from the future, Gale thinks, perhaps animals will continue the trend of growing smaller that Mazikeen has revealed to him.

Her eyes distract him from following those thoughts too far, and then she smiles at her own joke, and he is thrilled to discover that her smile is as lovely in this form as any other. He takes a breath to tell her this, but then her smile fades before his very eyes, and he wonders what he has inadvertently done to cause it.

That uncertainty draws back the tendrils of darkness, and Gale tussles with them in the time between two heartbeats, settling for the truth in exchange for the ability to choose his words.

“No,” he says with a shake of his head, “No. I have a new plan.” He sounds quite sure of this, far more certain than he really is. “I think more observation is better. Then you’ll know right away rather than your next arrival.” The timing of her visits hasn’t been entirely predictable, but he’s all too aware of the sorts of trouble one might get into between her check-ins. The Curse smiles at the thought of such trouble, and so Gale smiles.

“So. I suppose that’s up to you as well. Is there a place for me here with you, or will I have to steal you away back to my island?” His spotted head tilts curiously, blinking his large blue eyes as if this is a normal question for one to ask the Alpha, and not one that makes the cautious Gale weak-kneed at the daring with which he speaks.

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    this is going to break me clean it two - by Gale - 04-02-2021, 10:21 AM
    RE: this is going to break me clean it two - by Gale - 04-07-2021, 09:07 PM