• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the photographs know i'm a liar, any
    elodie
    Eventually someone does emerge, the sight of her preceded by the bell-song sound of her voice carried through the shadows by a dark wind. The heart knows that it is not her mother because Elodie had so dearly loved the sound of Lilian’s voice but it had never been this specific sort of beautiful. Her mother had carried with her such a deep and terrible sadness and it was never more evident than when she spoke, as if she were speaking from someplace far away. She had always seemed trapped in a memory.

The mare that materializes does not seem a threat and Elodie feels no urge to flee. (It is as the mare gets a good look at her, though, and introduces herself that the change happens. The horns shift once more before they dissolve altogether, seeming to bleed down the sides of her face to become a pale glow that surrounds her, bathing the both of them in a soft light.)

Elodie’s surprise registers on her face and her head feels significantly lighter as she glances down at her own legs to find that they glow, too. She blinks, confused, before shifting her focus back to the mare who has joined her in the darkness. Is she alone? She had not thought of herself as alone. There had always been some part of her that had expected her mother would come back. 

Perhaps if she calls no attention to this strange change she will not have to accept it as real, she thinks. So she makes no mention of it, focusing on answering the painted mare instead. “My name is Elodie,” she says and smiles, soft. “I didn’t think I was alone, but I guess I was. I lost track of my mother some time ago. I thought she’d come back eventually, but now I’m not so sure.

She had been so thoroughly distracted by the sudden glow that she had not noticed the relentless rain, the concentration of precipitation that seems to affect the area only immediately above Syrine. She glances up at the cloud, her brow furrowed but does not ask, aware that it might be a deeply personal affliction. “Have you been alone long?” she asks instead. 

and if i go, i’m goin’ shameless
    I’ll let my hunger take me there

@[syrine]

@[The Monsters] please mess with her fairy dust!

Messages In This Thread
    the photographs know i'm a liar, any - by elodie - 03-13-2021, 07:32 PM
    RE: the photographs know i'm a liar, any - by elodie - 03-29-2021, 06:46 PM