• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ain't much I can do but I do what I can; TARNISHED
    "Baby, we were born with fire & gold in our eyes"
    She was finally used to this new (or old) body. Her legs worked the way she wanted them too and her vision was finally something she was used to again. She still really missed her hands and there were many times there had been something she wanted to pick up or climb some tree or something and she could only snort and sigh, moving on her way. She did remember to toss her head to get her mane out of her eyes. Small victories.

For now she was meandering through the meadow, remembering places where she had once wandered with her Da. She missed her parents something horrible and wished that they were here with her again. She sighed, her eyes wandering over that huge willow tree her da and her had wandered under a few times to enjoy the shade on warm days like today.

Her legs switched their direction, without her consciously thinking about it, moving closer and closer to the long, thick fronds that hung down. She smiles as they slip across her back and around her face, content with the memories for now as she looses herself in them. Her eyes close briefly as she pauses, that small smile still on her lips as she remembers her Da's brogue as he talked to her. The words had mattered, but it was always the lilting of his voice that she had loved. She heard it in her own words, but it was never like her Da's, that deep and rumbling baritone of his.

Another sigh, her eyes reopening as she steps deeper into the deeper shade of the willow tree and she rests there, content that she would be allowed a few moments of memories before she needed to figure out what it was she needed and wanted to do.
    " Even in the dust we shine with fire & gold in our eyes."
    Willa

We were young and wild and free,

fightin' in a love we couldn't leave.

I can have fingers, if I want them.

Toes. Webbed fingers and toes. I could be a frog if I want but they’re no fun and the conversation is always dull. Always about food, always about bugs and which bug they prefer to eat and which lily pad is more comfortable. I don’t give a shit about bugs or lily pads. Squirrels are fun and discreet when I remember that they’re small and not meant for battles of epic proportions—it’s just that sometimes I get carried away with myself, but I digress.

It’s hot, and like most other horses, I have taken to the shade; unlike most other horses, however, there’s a field mouse squirming around in my mouth—its head pokes out from between my sharp teeth and with a sigh, I snap down and its head pops off. Swallowing hard, I make after the rest of my snack; it isn’t right to waste food, after all. I’m nosing around the grass, sniffing, really, when I spot a familiar shape from the corner of my eye. I lift my head, blatantly staring her down though my mother had tried her best to teach me manners and whatnot. I know her, I cannot readily put a name to the face—but I have seen her somewhere and, well, while field mice are tasty, I forget about mine and head in the mare’s direction. She’s seemingly distracted, possibly caught up in memories and I stand behind her looking awkward because she hasn’t noticed me yet.

The willow’s fronds whip around my head, gently; I think them peaceful until one whips me hard right in the eye. “Motherfucker,” I growl, my eye watering. I snort and shake my head and make such a fuss that it would be hard for her not to realize I’m here. Of course, this isn’t intentional and once I feel I have rightfully cursed at the tree enough, I remember she’s there and turn to look at her sheepishly.

“Er, hello.”

I really don’t know what else to say, if I can say anything. Tongue feels tied. Which happens to me, I think, a lot more than everyone else realizes; I don’t like talking the way everyone else does, or rather, I don’t like bullshitting the way everyone else seems to. So I stand there, ears a-twitchin’, still trying to remember—oh hello, hello. I think I’ve got it.

“You lived in the Jungle, didn’t you?” I ask, tilting my head to the side.

tarnished

vanquish x nocturnal

Even on the way down, even on the way down.

Vanquish x Nocturnal
    equus mutatio, immortality, disease manipulation, trait immunity
    "Baby, we were born with fire & gold in our eyes"
    She would love the ability to shape shift, to change her form at will, to have the fingers and toes and all that she wanted, whenever she wanted. She would be envious of him and his ability and wish it for herself. Mostly, sometimes she just wished that she was more original and didn't feel like she was already drowning in a sea of unique. She wished she could just settle completely back into her skin, forgetting about the hands and feet and just be happy with what she had now. But her illusions had been shattered, been ripped and then mended. They would never be the same.

She is lost in this self-pity for a moment, here alone underneath the willow tree. But a grumbling voice makes her turn her head, surprise lighting up her eyes as she turns to look at him. She feels that strange familiarity that he does, but she is unable to place him. Although his swear words did earn him a small smile and a chuckle. She shifts as she faces him, her welcoming smile back upon her lips. On others it might start to seem redundant but Willa is almost always genuine and her smile shows it. Her eyes seem to light up a little as she looks at him.

His temper tantrum earns him another smile and some giggles to go with it before she replies happily. "Hi." She is quiet, waiting as it seems like he is thinking about something before he says it. She almost laughs again at the very abrupt away he seems to spit it out. "Er, well, kind of." She says with a laugh. "My Da was good friends with Sunshine and we visited often. Oh, er, Quark." Of course he wouldn't know her by Sunshine (little did she know he would), that had been what she had always thought of her. Strange-thing. She did miss Strange, horribly and often wondered what had happened to her, where she was. She hadn't quite made it to the Jungle yet to see, perhaps that would be the place to go next. "Did you live there?"

" Even in the dust we shine with fire & gold in our eyes."
    Willa