• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i don't know why i run away, rosebay
    Rosebay

She peers into the darkness, seeing nothing but the shadows reflected back at her.

There is a piece of her that wonders if this is what her mother saw. If this endless darkness was what had greeted her when the earth had yawned open underneath and dragged her down below. She wonders if this is what is waiting for her on the other side, if she is ever going to find her way toward it in the end. There is not fear that she feels though, although if she was wiser perhaps it is what she would allow.

Instead she just feels curiosity.

An endless supply of it.

She is not surprised when she feels the warmth of him come up along her side. When she feels the familiar heavy weight of his wing across her lean back. She glances up at him, her pale brown eyes studying the changing lines of his face—maturity now sharpening what his youth had kept soft. It suits him, she decides, and although she had not missed him per se, she is glad to be near him once more.

“Is the darkness not always hungry?” she counters lightly, staring back into the dark where the growls and yips continue. She feels her newfound power beneath her grasp, humming lightly, and she brushes it against him for a moment, blossoming a weak poison on his tongue—only strong enough for him to feel the buzzing of it. “It is good to see you, Crowns,” she says with a wicked tilt of her lips.

A single ear tilts to the side as she thinks she catches the sound of snapping bones.

“It is a lovely night.”

but in all chaos, there is calculation

@[crowns]

Messages In This Thread
    i don't know why i run away, rosebay - by crowns - 02-20-2021, 01:21 PM
    RE: i don't know why i run away, rosebay - by rosebay - 02-28-2021, 04:09 PM