• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a melody to open their eyes

For the moment, at least, it does not seem he is in any danger of being attacked or being mistaken for a monster, and Tamlin relaxes when he picks up on the notes of humour in the purple mare’s voice. On the matter of the wolves being his friends, he’s quick to nod and confirm. “They sure are! I don’t know what it says about me that I prefer to hang out with a bunch of dogs but, here we are.” Maybe it wasn’t that he preferred it? Maybe it was just that the wolves tolerated him a little more readily than anyone else? Tamlin hadn’t really given it too much thought. He never really gave anything too much thought.

And sure, maybe the magic that he could use to stop them from killing him helped - but he had actually bonded with most of the pack and only rarely needed to control them. Usually when someone new came around.

But, he’s not thinking about that right now because he can tell that the wolves are happy he’s distracted and he’s happy to see a twinkle in the amber eyes of the mare that introduces herself as Wishbone. Conversations were always so much better when the one you were talking to had a sense of humour.

Tamlin’s bright smile is evident in his voice as he responds, pouring in a little over-exaggerated incredulity at the end for good measure. “I’m Tamlin and are you trying to tell me you don’t run with wolves?”

t a m l i n

artwork by space1993

@[Wishbone] just in case you didn't have enough replies from me already <3

Messages In This Thread
    a melody to open their eyes - by Tamlin - 02-13-2021, 04:18 PM
    RE: a melody to open their eyes - by Wishbone - 02-22-2021, 03:24 PM
    RE: a melody to open their eyes - by Tamlin - 03-06-2021, 06:30 PM
    RE: a melody to open their eyes - by Wishbone - 04-05-2021, 09:23 PM
    RE: a melody to open their eyes - by Tamlin - 04-17-2021, 08:32 PM
    RE: a melody to open their eyes - by Wishbone - 05-18-2021, 08:35 PM