• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'll cross that line
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Mazikeen’s ability to distract him is uncanny enough that Gale has its suspicions that it’s at least partly magical in nature. He knows now that she doesn’t do it on purpose despite his earlier suspicions otherwise, which emboldens Gale enough to step closer. If he looks elsewhere, he is sure that he’ll be able to avoid the uncomfortable consequence of his thoughts fleeing when too close.. Its her nearness that is the trigger after all, and can what he can’t see really hurt him?

The brindle stallion isn’t exactly sure what he’s trying to do, but it’s something along the lines of shooing her away like he does the wild predators of his island home. A show of bravado is enough to send all but the hungriest crocodiles back into the marshes. He doesn’t usually stand this close to them though, and he’d not been expecting to be able to feel the warmth she radiates across the distance that separates them. He can’t see her, but he knows exactly where she is. His heart races, loud enough that he’s sure she can hear it.

Gale holds his breath as though it might keep his senses from being overwhelmed, but he isn’t certain it helps.

He knows that he is taking a risk in not watching his opponent, but it truly feels the safer option in this moment. Another step closes the space between them, and with his face turned away from her, Gale gives her a gentle – but firm – push toward the sea. He doesn’t push far enough that he has to move his feet to stay balanced, but it’s enough to demonstrate his intentions. His voice is a low rumble in his chest, and he feels it most strongly where his chest is pressed against her shoulder.

“There are Monsters in the sea, Mazikeen.” He says, and he says it like it is an interesting bit of trivia and not like he is taking another step to push her toward the sea. “So grow those p…those wings of yours, and fly back to where you came from.” He almost calls them pretty, which some part of him is certain is an objective and true observation, but he’s even more certain that it would not go over well in this situation.

He is watching himself from overhead, and the disembodied sensation of viewing his equine body from Erne’s avian eyes allows him the clarity of mind he might not otherwise possess. Gale does not trust his physical instincts; and he suspects it is safer to observe from up here than to feel from down there. SafER, but Gale thinks that he will not feel truly at ease until long after Mazikeen has left. If he ever really feels safe again. 

His thoughts wander, and when he realizes and returns to himself, he forgets he’d been avoiding his own eyes, and he opens them to meet Mazikeen’s orange gaze.

Gale swallows hard, and decides that acting like a statue might now be in his best interest.

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    I'll cross that line - by Mazikeen - 02-10-2021, 02:26 PM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Gale - 02-13-2021, 08:42 PM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Mazikeen - 02-13-2021, 09:28 PM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Gale - 02-14-2021, 12:45 AM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Mazikeen - 02-14-2021, 08:48 AM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Gale - 02-14-2021, 10:43 AM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Mazikeen - 02-14-2021, 12:40 PM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Gale - 02-15-2021, 08:07 AM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Mazikeen - 02-15-2021, 10:40 AM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Gale - 02-20-2021, 03:34 PM