• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

All I ever wanted was the world, babe // Ashhal
    I'm a dervish, feverish, barely contained within the bounds of my own body. Lightning crackles at the seams of my scars and I sigh oddly nostalgic as he grunts at my antics. Such a thick shell! 

I nod, agreeable for once. "You're not kidding!" I chirp, eyes rolling heavenward. "Too much life, too much too much too much!" The babble is easy on my ears, a pleasant pattern of sounds that I discard. "You know, I remember exactly the last time I felt like I slept well? Which is saying quite a lot, really, my memory is not what it once was! The last time I returned, I felt whole and healthy, like I'd had the best sleep of my life. And then it all went to hell, as usual." I chartered on, hardly breaking stride when he halted and my shoulder glanced off his hip. 

"Almost skewered you!" I cackled to myself, as I sidestepped his stoney form. "You die and you die and every time I come back, I leave a little piece of myself there. The body does what it can, but magic can only go so far. Can only heal so much, before its all scars and shattered minds. Too much, I say!" 

It's nonsense, threaded with my truth. There are things that I've left behind, some more intentionally than others. Some I wish I could get back. Who I am without them is not who I ever wanted to be. Doesn't matter now, though. What's done is done, and I'm all that remains. Me and this stick in the mud who's so sure he's the baddest boy on the block. 

My grin is as haphazard as the rest of me, but it glimmers ever so slightly with the ghost of the girl I used to be. She tried to take on the world once, and lived to regret it. She's gone now. "You're absolutely right, I don't give a flying fruit bat about you. But as long as we're sharing stories, you may as well add to my list of things to forget." Almost an invitation, nearly a dare. I brush up against his side like an affectionate cat while he ponders my proposition.

@[Ashhal]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: All I ever wanted was the world, babe // Ashhal - by Sabra - 03-21-2021, 06:25 PM