• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

All I ever wanted was the world, babe // Ashhal

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

To his surprise and disgruntlement, she does not attack as he had anticipated. The victorious crowing that escapes her lips pins his ear flat, teeth gritting as he tries his damnedest to ignore her. Unfortunately for him, such a feat proves impossible as she dances after him like a seagull spotting food.

A snort of derision escapes his lips at her observation. If only she knew how immutable that touch of life apparently is in him. “Too much fucking life,” he growls under his breath, still refusing to halt.

If she was looking to avoid boring though, she’d picked the wrong target. His life consists of precisely three things. Even he had grown so fucking bored of it he’d been tempted to die just for a reprieve. Of course, a whole lot of bullshit had followed that whim, so now it seems he was right back at square one. A little older and wiser maybe (hah!), but doing the same damned monkey dance.

At this point, he’s committed to ignoring her entirely. At least, until she spits out that line about getting to know one another. He stops abruptly, caring little if it causes her to bounce right off him. His dark, glowering gaze snaps to her, lips curling in an unpleasant sneer. “Trust me lady, you don’t fucking want to know me.”

@[Sabra]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: All I ever wanted was the world, babe // Ashhal - by Ashhal - 03-09-2021, 10:42 AM