• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

All I ever wanted was the world, babe // Ashhal

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

He might once, a long time ago, have been so easily goaded into attacking. Might have found offense in the implication that he was so weak he cannot handle one underweight wench. But time and experience had brutally beaten that right out of him. He knows even the most innocuous creatures can be some of the most damaging. He might be an idiot, but he’s not fool enough to fall victim to such a paltry insult.

Besides, the way her body seems to be fairly crackling with overzealous energy, he’s absolutely positive she has some kind of ability beyond the visible. Ashhal himself is decidedly boring in that respect. Wings and an inability to die don’t do fuck-all against some of the ridiclous bullshit more and more horses seem able to conjure up these days. He’s not particularly concerned about death, but it sure as hell isn’t on his bucket list today.

Still, he’s more than pig-headed enough to not only refuse her goading, but to refuse to move around her (despite the fact it would undoubtedly end this encounter much more quickly). He is more than half convinced he’s going to have to barrel right over her, weird stick and electric skin be damned, but at the very last moment, she does move sideways. With a very decided lack of graciousness.

When her wing snaps out in an attempt to smack him in perverse retribution, he finds himself unable to resist retaliating. Ears pinning, his teeth snap at the offending appendage without an ounce of restraint or gentleness. If nothing else, the taste of feathers on his tongue would help assuage his own irritability, not to mention how gratifying the knowledge of understanding how painful it is to be plucked like that.

He doesn’t turn back - doesn’t even stop walking - but the muscles of his back and haunches stiffen, the anticipation of a response sowing tension down his spine. Truth be told, he rather hoped she did. He’d been spoiling for a fight all damned day.

@[Sabra]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: All I ever wanted was the world, babe // Ashhal - by Ashhal - 02-17-2021, 12:03 PM