• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

All I ever wanted was the world, babe // Ashhal
    You ever get what you want, and then realize that it actually wasn't what you wanted after all? I came to a teetering halt as the stallion (now a pale blur on the night) spat his acceptance back at me. The pale pink of my lips peeled away from my teeth, disgusted. 

"What is it like, to live such a cowardly life that a bony mare speaking venom is all it takes to chase you off?" I 'tsk' from my perch, a bolt of lightning streaking across my shoulder. It was too easy. There's no fun in tearing into someone when they don't fight back, so I jab again until they do. I need conflict to spend the electricity that makes my bones jerk beneath my skin. 

Like a battery just waiting to be connected to its circuit, I fizz in place, impatient for the right wires to cross. When he continues moving forward, I hold my ground. If he wants to leave so badly, he can go around, he can go the extra three steps. My head tips like a curious bird's. Breathing in light, feathery bursts, I smile at him. 

"Don't let the rocks hit you on your way down, dearie, we wouldn't want to damage your fragile skin." I chime, no rhyme or reason to the words. No logic, except that I want to instigate something. Anything. I do at last step to the side, one wing snapping out, hoping to clip him as he pushes past. A few discordant notes hum through me, knowing that I'm being a fool and knowing that I stopped caring about that a long time ago. 

@[Ashhal]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: All I ever wanted was the world, babe // Ashhal - by Sabra - 02-10-2021, 02:58 PM