• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  instead of nowhere to land | eyas

And the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love

Oh this chasm. A wide and painful thing between them. Just for a second, Eyas knows what it must feel like to be mother Gaia during the continent’s separation. These secrets. All this time passing between herself and her elder triplet brother… they start to feel like an ocean’s worth of water. An impossible divide between the solid ground she and Gale once stood upon.

“Oh.” The little mare remarked, remembering Gale’s horns. She’d entirely forgotten he had them at all.

Then it struck her: just how much had she missed pretending not to be alive? How much had she let go of? All she’d ever wanted was to be better. To be smarter and stronger than her enemy. She had tried so very, very hard to be the best that she could be and had adored her predecessors for all their accomplishments; the bread and butter of a small horse’s fantasies. When she’d been a filly, Eyas had begged and begged to hear more about the grandmother who she reminded Wolfbane of. The one with eyes like a cold death. She thought that if she could stop a horse in his tracks with one look then maybe she could stop everything bad to come after losing Gale.

She’d genuinely thought she could stop the worst, then had watched as the worst slowly played out in real time, acutely aware of how powerless and weak she was then as she was right now. Painfully, Eyas opened her eyes to the awareness of how disconnected and self-centered her life had become.

“I was always so afraid of this.” Eyas whispered, flattening her ears. Thinking about it was hard enough; speaking about it made her stomach knot. “So afraid that it wouldn’t die with him.” She admitted.

Eyas looked up, hoping to catch her brother’s eyes, and a vision flashed through her endless gaze like a spark of light in the dark.

The strange form of a god-being appeared to her during a dream, or something like a dream. Eyas asked it about Wolfbane’s curse and it mouthed the words that still made her shiver… “Like a cancer inside your line. It’s why it can’t be removed. Except by me, of course.”

Fuck this hurt. It hurt to remember and felt like a knife at her throat, picking at her skin and drawing blood to the surface.

“But why would I want to undo such a delight?” He’d said.

But why would I want to undo such a delight, Eyas had wondered. Why why why why why.
    Why.
    So it makes sense that Gale would be afraid, and that his fear would snatch her up in its jaws. What doesn’t make sense is the way she feels. Eyas is only barely aware of how she’s reacting, and even then it registers too late that she’s panting through her nose like a feral animal. Why?
    Why Gale?

“I thought I knew.” She muttered aloud to herself. It was Narcisus though - it was the bastard child, surely? But then she tried to look at Gale again - perfect Gale, who would’ve been her parent’s pride if they’d lived to witness it. Who reminded her so much of the father she mourned for, a horse who would’ve willingly walk into hellfire for those he loved. Gale… her brother.

“This can’t be.” Eyas said, the world outside fading hazy and dim. Her eyesight titled and she blinked, fighting off the sudden weakness that made her legs buckle. “Not you - not again.” Eyas moaned.

Grey clouds roll over the hills, bringing darkness from above

@[Gale]
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    instead of nowhere to land | eyas - by Gale - 01-16-2021, 10:06 PM
    RE: instead of nowhere to land | eyas - by Eyas - 02-02-2021, 08:12 PM
    RE: instead of nowhere to land | eyas - by Gale - 02-06-2021, 08:50 PM
    RE: instead of nowhere to land | eyas - by Eyas - 02-08-2021, 11:04 AM
    RE: instead of nowhere to land | eyas - by Gale - 02-11-2021, 07:41 AM
    RE: instead of nowhere to land | eyas - by Eyas - 02-11-2021, 05:03 PM
    RE: instead of nowhere to land | eyas - by Gale - 02-12-2021, 09:18 PM
    RE: instead of nowhere to land | eyas - by Eyas - 02-19-2021, 12:23 PM