• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Eyes are the soul's windows...
    [Image: fenestra_tarrot.png]
    Fenestra listened quietly to the winged horse. The only betrayal of her thoughts was a momentary flicking backwards of her ears at the unusual comment: 'I hope he's okay.' Ugh. She hoped they had all drowned.

Hearing that remark, it occurred to the golden mare that perhaps this stranger had never seen a ship before. Neither had she until she was simultaneously pulled and shoved onto one. How quickly she had learned the nomenclature of the two-legged beasts. "Larger than a dragon, I think," she said, the dulcet tones of her voice almost like wind chimes on a breezey day. "A ship is... it's like a giant cage made out of trees. It can carry dozens, maybe even hundreds, of horses." She paused for a moment, thinking. Fenestra had never seen a dragon, although she had, again, heard the tales. Story telling was an important aspect of her herd's culture.

"I suppose it must be bigger than a dragon. But I'm not totally sure because I have never seen one." The mare's pale eyes widened with the realization that the winged stranger may have. "Have you?" Her eyes scanned the sky, wondering if she might see a dragon soon. The sunlight glistened as it reflected off her coat, its warmth a sharp contrast to the cold snow.

She could not possibly know that this might be the last time she would feel the sun on her back.

@[Popinjay] OMG I'm so so so sorry for another slow reply, this time I just didn't get the notification. I hope you don't hate me! The link you sent expired but I would love to join the Discord.

Messages In This Thread
    Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Fenestra - 01-10-2021, 11:58 PM
    RE: Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Popinjay - 01-13-2021, 11:39 AM
    RE: Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Fenestra - 01-17-2021, 02:40 AM
    RE: Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Popinjay - 01-24-2021, 10:15 PM
    RE: Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Fenestra - 02-01-2021, 11:15 PM
    RE: Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Popinjay - 02-24-2021, 01:00 PM