• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me clarity | mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

It is Mazikeen, her familiar voice confirms. As she draws closer, the smell of the blood and the not-blood reach him, but he’s distracted from what was sure to have been a retort both witty and charming, by Mazikeen’s startled exclamation.

“Did I…did I what?!.” Gale glances down at his left side, and sure enough, there’s a sleek dark wing there. Gale startles, and there is an involuntary desire to leap away, if only he weren’t worried the thing would come along with him. He does flinch, but recovers quickly, stretching out the wing. It feels similar to those he’d been born with, but not exactly the same. It’s more than the color, but rather the shape and weight of them are different than those he’d known so well.

“You’re doing this, right? This is some kind of magic trick?” The questions sound certain, and he’s nodding as he looks over the unfamiliar black appendage and In the darkness, it would be difficult to make out the expression on her face, but is sure that she’s is playing some sort of trick on him. He’s not disturbed by it (very little disturbs him after a childhood spent with magically gifted siblings) but he’s curious how she’s done it.

He stretches it out and then up, and then folds it back against his side and finally turns back to Mazikeen.

Closer now, he can smell the blood she’d mentioned, and is frustratingly unable to see it. The type of vision he’s been using (unknowingly borrowed from the eyes of a goldfish) is not detailed enough to show him her injuries or her face, and Gale narrows his blue eyes once more before he settles on better vision, one that leaves her face looking nearly well-lit even in the magical darkness. Gale, who enjoys looking at her face, decides to keep this type of sight for a while.

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity | mazikeen - by Gale - 01-11-2021, 09:01 PM