• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now

There’d be no land vs sea fight today, it would seem, as Sabal redirects the conversation and doesn’t continue to needle Mazikeen’s anger.

This didn’t exactly feel like the time for swimming lessons but like hell Mazikeen was going to admit she had absolutely no intention of wading into the dark-as-night water where she’d have the very real threat of Sabal drowning her for one of the unavoidable snarky comments. Sure they were… friends? Sort of? But did that mean the overgrown minnow wasn’t capable of murder? Absolutely not.

Mazikeen continues to stand where she is in the shallow water, her eyes narrow and she grows a little wary. She also doesn’t put it past Sabal to try to grab her by the scruff and toss her into the lake to see how she handles learning under pressure.

A pink tongue sticks out instead of her go-to-eye roll at the smirk Sabal wears. She’s an observant bubble brain, Maze would give her that.

Not out loud, of course.

“That’s not true, one of my favourite forms is an osprey and they fish and hang around water all the time.” Did Mazikeen use that form to fish? Absolutely not. But she could if she wanted to! And that seemed like it should count. “And I can swim. I just… choose not to.” But even as she says this, knowing full well it’s not a good excuse at all, some of the smile returns to her bright orange gaze. The closest she had ever gotten to swimming was floating on her back as an otter down the river and fighting as an alligator in the alliance. Neither of which actually counted at all.

@[Sabal]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now - by Mazikeen - 02-10-2021, 05:06 PM